Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rampage Jackson: Forrest Griffin is a little crybaby and Chael Sonnen sucks

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
After watching the video, i think people are seeing it in the wrong context.

Can't say i disagreed with a thing he said.

Post #31   7/18/12 1:29:19AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

The Tito fight could have gone either way

However i feel if rampage wants to talk shit he's gonna need to back it up

Jackson v. Sonnen

Book it

that would sell really good

Post #32   7/18/12 3:00:23AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by tn_rebel

I know i'm probably in the minority, but i would take Forrest to outpoint Rampage again.

so would I

Post #33   7/18/12 3:21:05AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by tn_rebel

I know i'm probably in the minority, but i would take Forrest to outpoint Rampage again.

so would I

I would take a one armed WW with polio to beat Rampage in a decision given that he actually wanted to win.

Rampage could easily have been a top 10 greatest 205er of all time, what a fucking disappointment.

You have to be a fucking loser to have enough talent and heart to beat Hendo in wrestling and then drop a decision to Forrest because you want to be an exciting fighter.

Post #34   7/18/12 12:17:49PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Why did Forrest get a free pass after running out? I like him and everything, but just about any other fighter would have received serious backlash for that stunt.

Same thing happened last year, when him, Torres, and Rashad all made some type of a reference of something rape related. Only Torres was punished.

Post #35   7/18/12 12:35:30PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by NE-1

Why did Forrest get a free pass after running out? I like him and everything, but just about any other fighter would have received serious backlash for that stunt.

Same thing happened last year, when him, Torres, and Rashad all made some type of a reference of something rape related. Only Torres was punished.

There is a major backlash, primarily that everyone hates him now. As for the rape jokes blame the UFC Torres was only punished to deter other fighters from being free to make offensive comments. Nothing that bad was said.

Post #36   7/18/12 1:46:01PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by NE-1

There is a major backlash, primarily that everyone hates him now. As for the rape jokes blame the UFC Torres was only punished to deter other fighters from being free to make offensive comments. Nothing that bad was said.

Maybe nothing that offensive from Forrest or Torres, but Rashad's comment was pretty offensive...

Post #37   7/18/12 2:11:04PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
I do understand why everyone is ripping on Rampage about the cry baby comments. Rightly so, but to say he would get owned by Chael based on what? Those are two different weight classes and Rampage has always been tough to takedown. If he would lose it is because he is old. A prime Rampage would murder Chael.

Post #38   7/18/12 3:10:34PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by tn_rebel

so would I

I would take a one armed WW with polio to beat Rampage in a decision given that he actually wanted to win.

Rampage could easily have been a top 10 greatest 205er of all time, what a fucking disappointment.

You have to be a fucking loser to have enough talent and heart to beat Hendo in wrestling and then drop a decision to Forrest because you want to be an exciting fighter.

That is giving Forrest no credit. Forrest is a great fighter in terms of skills and at one time had great heart. He didnt just beat Rampage. He was beating Evans before the KO the same way. He beat Shogun and Rampage back to back and was on his way to beating Evans. Reallistically people need you realize that Forrest was legit, but he had no power and no chin. Still he has beaten some of the biggest names the sport has seen. If Forrest had a chin and high level power he would dominated 205 IMO. Too bad for him that he has maybe the worst power and one of the worst chins we have seen in the weight class. Still he has done quite a bit to have the two worst things a fighter can have going against them holding him done. I dont even like Forrest, but Im being real.

Last edited 7/18/12 3:22PM server time by lll-lll
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #39   7/18/12 3:22:33PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3