Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Strikeforce's Pat Healy credits sensory-deprivation tank for weekend win

Print  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Pat Healy had to climb into a tank and cut off all sound and sight before the magnitude of this past weekend's Strikeforce fight really hit him.

"I went in there the morning of the fight ... and I didn't really realize how nervous I was until I was in there," he today told MMAjunkie.com Radio of his flotation/sensory-deprivation tank. "I was thinking about my fight, and my heart was racing.

"It really took me 20 or 30 minutes in there before I started calming down."

Twelve hours before he met Japanese standout Mizuto Hirota (14-5-1 MMA, 0-1 SF) at the July 14 "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy" card this past weekend, Healy (28-16 MMA, 6-1 SF) plunged into the tank for a 90-minute float. It helped the veteran lightweight clear his mind ahead of the preliminary-card fight, which aired on Showtime Extreme from the Rose Garden in Portland, Ore.

It also helped lead to an eventual unanimous-decision victory and his fifth straight win under the Strikeforce banner.

link

Post #1   7/16/12 6:10:54PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:488-293
Chips:
Is sensory-deprivation tank code for judges?

Post #2   7/16/12 6:23:59PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Lol at above comment. Healy's mega underrated however Saturday may not have been his best performance.

Post #3   7/16/12 6:43:15PM