Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ian McCall discloses how much cash he really received after his UFC debut

Print  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,616-882
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Many MMA fans were going through an instant bout of depression after it was disclosed that Ian McCall received only $9,000 for his UFC debut at UFC on FX: Alves vs. Kampmann back in March. Uncle Creepy took a visit to the UG to inform the public that even though he signed a '$9,000 to show' deal, his pockets were lined with enough dollar bills to buy the entire N64 videogame library.

Dana says he doesn't like to give out real numbers, which is def. the truth cause i came on here and saw people saying things like i shoulda got paid more even though i lost but i headlined the card..

i did, dana sent me an extra 25k right after the fight plus i got main event sponsor money haha

the UFC pays you to do your job, if you do it then you get paid good.. in my UFC debut i made over 80,000... thats a lot of money for a division half the MMA community didn't know existed!!

i love all of you guys, most of you know my life story, i just wanted you to know that i get taken care of by the UFC real well, ESPECIALLY when it comes to $!

All i gotta do now is beat the crap out of someone and move forward and start making anderson moneyyy !!!!!!! :)

SOURCE

Post #1   7/16/12 4:47:08PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,208-1,299
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Uncle Creepy sure can talk and I certainly love to listen.

Post #2   7/16/12 4:52:52PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I've known that stuff like that happens, but surely it doesn't happen to all the fighters all the time.

Why do they make the show money for some of these guys so low, though? Then give them extra, like why not make the show money a little higher? Just curious.

Post #3   7/16/12 5:03:03PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,806-1,051
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I've known that stuff like that happens, but surely it doesn't happen to all the fighters all the time.

Why do they make the show money for some of these guys so low, though? Then give them extra, like why not make the show money a little higher? Just curious.

Mike Tyson said on The MMA Hour that it was to try and keep the ''scumbags'' out of the sport (meaning the ill intentioned managers) and Dana White agreed.

Maybe that's a reason....?

Post #4   7/16/12 5:09:56PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Favoritism.

The ones making Dana a shit ton of money get the money

Post #5   7/16/12 5:14:11PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,754-1,581
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Uncle Creepy sure can talk and I certainly love to listen.

He's a pretty open guy. He seems genuinely real 100% of the time to me. I'm more of a fan every time he fights

Post #6   7/16/12 5:17:10PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Mike Tyson said on The MMA Hour that it was to try and keep the ''scumbags'' out of the sport (meaning the ill intentioned managers) and Dana White agreed.

Maybe that's a reason....?

I could see that in a way.

But a guy like McCall who they brought in b/c they know he is pretty good, unlike some of the other new guys. Not all of them have to get higher show money, but someone like McCall could.

But as long as it works itself outside like it did here, then I won't dig more into it and try and figure it out.

Post #7   7/16/12 6:04:20PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,475-898
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I am glad to hear Ian McCall got taken care of.

I remember seeing his pay and thinking "Why is he in the UFC making Tachi Palace Fights money?". I would hope he sends all of his fighters at least 10-20k extra. At least the dudes who are making 6-10k to show.

Post #8   7/16/12 6:14:38PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-46

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,398-909
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I am glad to hear Ian McCall got taken care of.

I remember seeing his pay and thinking "Why is he in the UFC making Tachi Palace Fights money?". I would hope he sends all of his fighters at least 10-20k extra. At least the dudes who are making 6-10k to show.

i was disgusted to see creepy made pennies in his debut. this article makes me happy

let's get creepy in the cage asap!

Post #9   7/16/12 6:59:25PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:522-387
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
I've seen this issue addressed really well before, but I'm totally blanking on who the fighters were who talked about it. Does anyone remember watching a segment on two different fighters, I'm pretty sure both went like 0-3 in the UFC and then got cut, and they were moderately paid (between 12-20k per fight) on paper, but they both recorded between 80-100k years that year? I swear I'm not making this up. Essentially between sponsorship, undisclosed and disclosed bonuses, and endorsement deals these guys make pretty good money even when they are not huge draws. I really like McCall, and he's probably the number 2 or 3 guy in the division, but he even pointed out in this interview that he's not a huge draw yet. I think within the next year we'll see a lot more people appreciating the 125 class, but right now the general public is still just starting to warm up to the big names being pushed on FOX. Even still Ian made 80k for a nights work. Not boxing MAIN EVENT money yet, but it's a step in the right direction. For those of you who don't understand why I capitalized main event take a look at boxing pay for undercard fighters...it'll blow your mind.

Post #10   7/16/12 8:08:07PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,001-629
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

I've seen this issue addressed really well before, but I'm totally blanking on who the fighters were who talked about it. Does anyone remember watching a segment on two different fighters, I'm pretty sure both went like 0-3 in the UFC and then got cut, and they were moderately paid (between 12-20k per fight) on paper, but they both recorded between 80-100k years that year? I swear I'm not making this up. Essentially between sponsorship, undisclosed and disclosed bonuses, and endorsement deals these guys make pretty good money even when they are not huge draws. I really like McCall, and he's probably the number 2 or 3 guy in the division, but he even pointed out in this interview that he's not a huge draw yet. I think within the next year we'll see a lot more people appreciating the 125 class, but right now the general public is still just starting to warm up to the big names being pushed on FOX. Even still Ian made 80k for a nights work. Not boxing MAIN EVENT money yet, but it's a step in the right direction. For those of you who don't understand why I capitalized main event take a look at boxing pay for undercard fighters...it'll blow your mind.

I seem to remember some mmajunkie article that had George Roop and someone else along these lines.

Post #11   7/16/12 8:36:30PM