Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 149's Boetsch: New opponent Lombard more of a contender than Bisping

Print  
Posted By Message

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Full article link

Excerpt -

This is how much of a damn Tim Boetsch (15-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) gave when the UFC socked him with Hector Lombard (31-2-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) instead of Michael Bisping.

When his wife woke him to news of the switch, which put him in the co-main event of UFC 149 and Bisping on the disabled list, you'd think he'd already given his 100th interview on the subject.

UFC 149 takes place Saturday at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The event's main card airs live on pay-per-view while FX and Facebook host preliminary-card fights.

"That's going to be a tough fight," he told her, "but to be the best, you have to beat everybody." Then he went back to sleep.

UFC 149 takes place Saturday at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The event's main card airs live on pay-per-view while FX and Facebook host preliminary-card fights.

Post #1   7/16/12 3:29:29PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I love Boetsch's attitude here. He's not disrespecting Bisping, just telling the truth that a fighter needs to stay active and healthy to be perceived as legitimate for a title shot. And while he's confident with his chances against Lombard, he knows he's in for a tough fight.

It's refreshing to see plain truth like that from a fighter.

Post #2   7/16/12 3:33:14PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Spits is more of a contender for sure. Thats like saying, Fabers not a contender, he didnt fight for 7 months because he took a vacation and stroked himself to videos of beating all the other contenders...

Maybe a bit much but come on. Give me a name Hector beat, I'll wait.

Post #3   7/16/12 4:06:31PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Spits is more of a contender for sure. Thats like saying, Fabers not a contender, he didnt fight for 7 months because he took a vacation and stroked himself to videos of beating all the other contenders...

*opens mouth to speak*

No doubt Lombard is tough, but he hasn't been facing top competition. Taylor, Prangley, Doerksen ...all washed out of the UFC. He did beat them convincingly, but he still has a long way to go.

Post #4   7/16/12 4:12:59PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by isk

I love Boetsch's attitude here. He's not disrespecting Bisping, just telling the truth that a fighter needs to stay active and healthy to be perceived as legitimate for a title shot. And while he's confident with his chances against Lombard, he knows he's in for a tough fight.

It's refreshing to see plain truth like that from a fighter.

I just want a fighter to say " Look, I think I can beat this guy but I have no idea how it will turn out. I'm just gonna try my best and we'll see what happens." The guys that are humble through and through are the ones I gravitate toward

Post #5   7/16/12 4:14:47PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I feel Lombard is gonna get the win. He's use to being in the cage and Imo experience won't be a factor as far as Tim having that advantage.

Can't wait

Post #6   7/16/12 4:28:02PM   

PricklyPear

MMA Regular

PricklyPear Avatar

Career:1,014-711
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Both would beat Boetsch. Difference is, Bisping would win a UD and Lombard will blast Boetsch early to end it.

Post #7   7/16/12 4:29:51PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Shlemenko

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   7/16/12 5:57:19PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by MALICE

Posted by ghandikush

*opens mouth to speak*

Wanna avatar bet me? I"ll take Boetsch.

Post #9   7/16/12 7:03:42PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by MALICE

Posted by ghandikush

*opens mouth to speak*

Wanna avatar bet me? I"ll take Boetsch.

Sorry, bro. I think you misunderstood me. I was agreeing with you that Lombard has not faced top competition yet. Until he does, I will remain skeptical.

Post #10   7/16/12 7:24:23PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Boetsch wins this, and quick I think.

Post #11   7/16/12 7:29:29PM