Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wandy Can Take Chuck No Problem Here's The Proof

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Fumar-Fortiuse

Learning to Sprawl

Fumar-Fortiuse Avatar

Career:18-15
Chips:
After seeing last night's fight I think it should be obvious now who would win btw Liddell and Silva. Dana White had been protecting his biggest investment until he just couldn't do it anymore and you saw what happen when he steppedd into the octagon with someone that one press the action on him. Night Night. And lets please not forget what Silva did to Jackson in their last fight so I think it should be obvious now that Wandy would destroy the iceman.

Post #1   5/27/07 11:21:55AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
IMO at this level these guys all have the ability to win or lose to each other. I definitely want to see a Wanderlei Chuck match as well as a Shogun Chuck match.

Post #2   5/27/07 11:36:06AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
While MMA Math is clearly flawed. I tend to agree in this case.
Wandy>Rampage x 2 +
Rampage>Chuck x 2 =

Wandy>Chuck

At least last year. After back-toback KO losses, I'd have to see where he's at mentally first.

People have been going on about Chuck's 7 fight win streak but a lot of people forgot that Wandy went 19 straight at that weight before the loss to Arona. Over five years.

Last edited 5/27/07 11:38AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/27/07 11:37:09AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
The difference is that Jackson was being smart and keeping his distance from Liddell until the timing was right, and it worked perfectly (yes, he was pressing the action, but he honestly didn't throw alot of punches, neither did). However, the way Wandy fights, he throws flurries and then gets into the clinch where he can do the most damage. The thing is, I think Chuck is pretty decent in the clinch, and all he needs to do is find a way to push Wandy back a bit and then throw a mighty jab or an uppercut to rock Wandy and then go in for the kill. I would still go with Liddell against Wandy.

Post #4   5/27/07 11:37:39AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Wandy>Rampage x 2 +
Rampage>Chuck x 2 =

Wandy>Chuck

At least last year. After back-toback KO losses, I'd have to see where he's at mentally first.

People have been going on about Chuck's 7 fight win streak but a lot of people forgot that Wandy went 19 straight at that weight before the loss to Arona. Over five years.

By your same math:

Chuck>Balalu x 2 +
Babalu>Shogun =
Chuck > Shogun

also

Chuck>Ortiz x 2 +
Ortiz>Wandy =
Chuck>Wandy

and

Chuck>Belfort +
Belfort>Wandy =
Chuck>Wandy

Point being...you can make any case you want with that math. Wandy would be a much better matchup for Chuck than Rampage. Wandy has a much weaker chin than Rampage has...he has 3 flash-KO's under his belt. Well, the Belfort is actually arguable since it was probably several strikes that knocked him out, but he was definitely out before kissing canvas...with those numbers, there's no doubt that Liddell has the power to put him out. On the opposite side of the fence, Chuck would need to stay out of the clinch, because Wandy would get the better of him.

Post #5   5/27/07 12:31:35PM   

raindrops21

MMA Regular

raindrops21 Avatar

Career:233-107
Camp: KTFO
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Wandy>Rampage x 2 +
Rampage>Chuck x 2 =

Wandy>Chuck

Wanderlei did win 19 fights in a row, but a lot of those were low-caliber fighters or fighters that were natural 185lbers. Not taking anything away from him because that's still a mighty feat.

I definitely want to see that fight still. It's got the makings to be a huge fight.

Post #6   5/27/07 12:41:57PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Wandy>Rampage x 2 +
Rampage>Chuck x 2 =

Wandy>Chuck

Wandy Lost to TITO

Chuck KTFO Tito twice.

whats this got to do with anything........Nothing Much like your above stats.Just cause Wandy hasnt lost to Rampage and chuck Hasnt beat rampage doesnt mean Wandy is a better fighter than chuck.Wandy lost to Tito.....yeah Tito.Granted it was years ago..but still...everyone has a punching and kicking chance anymore.I mean who u fight and records really dont mean much cro cop goes 3 battle rounds with Fedor....and then gets kicked in the head by Gonzaga...fights in the past really dont have much relevance on who could be who

Post #7   5/27/07 12:44:03PM   

BeaturAss

Learning to Sprawl

BeaturAss Avatar

Career:268-129
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Wandy Lost to TITO

You have to understand that fighting is not mathematics! Style makes fights and how you prepared for the fight!

Look what happened to Wandy vs Cro Cop?! He was rushing with those haymakers and Cro cop was just trying to pick his punches and uses the ring that is how Chuck fights and if Wandy fights that way again he is going to be KOed!

Post #8   5/27/07 1:13:57PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
Soon as i saw the fight, i new the chuck haters, wandy nutthuggers would have this thread made. Your math about how wandy will win becouse he beat rampage and rampage beat chuck is bullshit, and totally discredited by the post which mentioned vitor, tito and bablu loosing to chuck. Chuck would catch wandy so much easier than he could rampage, becouse wandy leaves himself open, whereas rampage covers up so well. I also think rampage hits harder than wandy, and while i think wandy would at some point in the fight (if it ever happens) hit chuck a few times, hed get caught mid flurry, and wake up a few minutes later with an aching jaw.

Post #9   5/27/07 1:18:57PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
I am the biggest Wanderlei fan out there, but I feel that it would be 50/50 going into the fight. Chuck has problems with people being aggresive and cutting the ring off, but 1 punch will easily put Wandy to the mat since his chin is not as good as Jacksons. I would like to see how Chuck would fair against the knee strikes.

Post #10   5/27/07 2:36:10PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Fumar-Fortiuse

After seeing last night's fight I think it should be obvious now who would win btw Liddell and Silva. Dana White had been protecting his biggest investment until he just couldn't do it anymore and you saw what happen when he steppedd into the octagon with someone that one press the action on him. Night Night. And lets please not forget what Silva did to Jackson in their last fight so I think it should be obvious now that Wandy would destroy the iceman.

rampage>liddell>ortiz>wanderlei>rampage

so by your completely biased opinion then ortiz can beat jackson..LMAO HAHAHA...MMA math does NOT work.

or wait better yet. wanderlei>rampage>liddell>couture..haha... if you ever say wandy could have beaten couture i know you dont know what youre talking about.

secondly. Rampage didnt ever really train against the muay thai clinch hence his horrible defense agianst it.

Post #11   5/27/07 2:45:54PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
hmm I dunno I think Chuck was exposed last night in the sense that when he fights someone who knows how to effectively cut the ring off and has good hands he's in for a lot of trouble.

Post #12   5/27/07 3:10:46PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Northrend

I am the biggest Wanderlei fan out there, but I feel that it would be 50/50 going into the fight. Chuck has problems with people being aggresive and cutting the ring off, but 1 punch will easily put Wandy to the mat since his chin is not as good as Jacksons. I would like to see how Chuck would fair against the knee strikes.

Yea exactly. But its clear that one of wanderleis hooks would drop chuck as well so that fight is just such a toss up, all about who lands first.

Post #13   5/27/07 3:12:00PM   

MMAFever

Learning to Sprawl

MMAFever Avatar

Career:142-74
Chips:
Wandy wants to F**k Chuck, not fight him... different sport entirely

Last edited 5/27/07 3:50PM server time by MMAFever
Edit note/reason: language

Post #14   5/27/07 3:50:23PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by MMAFever

Wandy wants to F**k Chuck, not fight him... different sport entirely

I didnt know wandy was gay...

its 50/50 and i cant wait to see it, i hope they put this fight on the same card as hendo/rampage. that would be one of the best pay per views ever.

Post #15   5/27/07 6:41:16PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2