Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Luke Rockhold unsatisfied with Strikeforce title defense, but wants rematch with 'Jacare'

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Despite winning four rounds and defending his title for the second time, Luke Rockhold was less than thrilled with his win over Tim Kennedy.

Rockhold on Saturday defended his Strikeforce middleweight belt, taking a unanimous decision from Kennedy in the main event of "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy." But he said afterward he was kept frustrated most of the fight by his opponent.

"It just wasn't my best night and I like to be better every time," Rockhold told MMAjunkie.com at the post-fight news conference. "I wanted to finish the fight and I couldn't. He's tough. What can I say?"

Link

Post #1   7/15/12 8:40:08PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I really like Rockhold, I would love to see him and Belcher go at it. There aren't a lot of options for him in Strikeforce, unless Marquardt wants to come up from 170 to challenge for a 2nd belt. Doubt that will happen but it will create a little more interest in this half dead promotion

Post #2   7/16/12 11:18:16PM