Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Next in Line - Hendo’s Back

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
There will be no vacations for new UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson after his stunning victory over Chuck Liddell at UFC 71, as it was announced tonight at the MGM Grand that two-division PRIDE Champion Dan Henderson will return to the Octagon for the first time since 1998 to face Jackson in what promises to be one of the biggest mixed martial arts fights in years.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/27/07 10:09:26AM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Wow, I thought they'd do the old "give em some average fights first to build hype, and stretch out the contract" bit.

Post #2   5/27/07 11:14:55AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
They don't need to, there's so much talent coming in that they can put together cards like this for a looooong time. Little Nog still hasn't been scheduled to fight, Rua is coming in, and I'd be willing to bet that by the time chuck is in line for another title shot, wanderlei will be coming out of retirement. I think hendo and rampage will fight and then rua will get top contender... I'm guessing that rampage will then end up fighting chuck again for top contender as he will surely lose his title to one of those fighters. There are just so many amazing matchups they can make, they don't really need to give people easy fights to start them off.

Post #3   5/27/07 11:39:46AM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:
Yea, it's a very exciting time for UFC LHW division. I can't wait to see Hendo kick some ass in the states. It's been too long.

Post #4   5/27/07 2:40:25PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
rampage will destroy hendo, hendo is far from a top 205 hes already lost to arona, lil nog, silva the 1st time etc.

he cant even handle misaki, rampage will embarass him,hes the superior striker and wrestler.

Post #5   5/27/07 5:08:08PM   

kcaulkins

Learning to Sprawl

Career:361-244
Chips:
i wouldnt be so quick to say that hendo will get destroyed. dans tough and has fought many guys bigger than him. I myself think dan is going to win the fight and then fight shogun. I think shogun will than beat henderson and probably stay on top of the lhw division for a while. Rampage looked nice against chuck but i dont think he has the style to beat Shogun. Shogun Rua will be the next dominate lhw in the ufc.

Post #6   5/27/07 7:38:12PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by kcaulkins

i wouldnt be so quick to say that hendo will get destroyed. dans tough and has fought many guys bigger than him. I myself think dan is going to win the fight and then fight shogun. I think shogun will than beat henderson and probably stay on top of the lhw division for a while. Rampage looked nice against chuck but i dont think he has the style to beat Shogun. Shogun Rua will be the next dominate lhw in the ufc.

even though the man has only two posts, he already reads my mind

Post #7   5/27/07 8:12:54PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
rampage has superior strikes and wrestling. he will beat hendo. then lose to shogun....if shogun comes to ufc i heard he wants to fight for PRIDE even in the ufc.

Post #8   5/28/07 3:10:26AM