Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New Strikeforce champ Nate Marquardt: 'I feel like I'm the best in the world'

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Nate Marquardt's confidence is at an all-time high following a fourth-round knockout of Tyron Woodley that won him the Strikeforce welterweight title.

"I really feel like it's my time," he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) following "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy." "I'm one of the best in the world, and actually, I feel like I'm the best in the world, the best welterweight."

Now, the question is what awaits him as champion.

Marquardt, for his part, didn't have an answer at the post-event press conference. But he appeared no less confident that another tough challenge is on the horizon.

"This is a sport where everybody at this level is going to be tough," he said. "But I feel like I'm the best in the world, and that's who I expect I'll be fighting for my next fight – is one of the best in the world."

Link

Post #1   7/15/12 8:33:02PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:
Pipe down Nate, you just beat a guy most wouldn't consider in the top ten of the WW division, those that do, probably had him at like 8-10.

Post #2   7/15/12 9:03:46PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Pipe down Nate, you just beat a guy most wouldn't consider in the top ten of the WW division, those that do, probably had him at like 8-10.

THIS. His fans are already going on about him being in top 3 at MW. Not saying it can't happen, but Woodley isn't exactly a world class fighter.

Post #3   7/15/12 9:34:08PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:530-390
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
I can think of two guys pretty quickly that he got owned by who are definitely still top 5....

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #4   7/15/12 11:22:07PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
he will lose to GSP, Fitch, Koscheck, Diaz. He will most likely lose to Condit, Alves, Hendricks, Ellenburger. He will have a really tough time with Kampmann, McDonald and Penn. Yeah I don't see him being anywhere near the best in the world. Even Askren will wrestlefuck him to a boring decision

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   7/16/12 12:21:56AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:
I agree I don't really see him as the best in the world just with a win over Woodley however he does have something GSP hasn't had in over 14 months... A win

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #6   7/16/12 4:28:17AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

he will lose to GSP, Fitch, Koscheck, Diaz. He will most likely lose to Condit, Alves, Hendricks, Ellenburger. He will have a really tough time with Kampmann, McDonald and Penn. Yeah I don't see him being anywhere near the best in the world. Even Askren will wrestlefuck him to a boring decision

I think you guys are being a little hard on Nate. A win over Tyquil is pretty cool. And he KO'd Kampmann when they fought. He's a big tough guy, and he's gotten a bit more fight IQ it seems. He looked good VS Woodley IMO. UFC calibre even.

Post #7   7/16/12 5:31:36AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Bubbles

I think you guys are being a little hard on Nate. A win over Tyquil is pretty cool. And he KO'd Kampmann when they fought. He's a big tough guy, and he's gotten a bit more fight IQ it seems. He looked good VS Woodley IMO. UFC calibre even.

Nate would make it a fight against just about anyone he fights. He looked pretty good Saturday

Post #8   7/16/12 12:50:03PM