Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Showtime announces Sept. 29 Strikeforce card, including Daniel Cormier

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
After its August show in San Diego, Strikeforce will bring a fall show to Sacramento.

The promotion will host a Sept. 29 card at Power Balance Pavilion, formerly the ARCO Arena, in the California state capital. The card was announced Saturday during the Showtime broadcast of "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy."

Though a precise headliner wasn't announced, Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner Daniel Cormier will be on the card, likely in the main event.

LINK

Post #1   7/15/12 1:08:02AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Don't know who DC is fighting when there is only one other HW on the SF roster and he just fought him, Barney.

Post #2   7/15/12 2:29:33AM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,590-915
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Honestly, this is such a waste of time and unnecessary move by Strikeforce, Cormier could have moved to the UFC right away and either put in for the title shot or number 1 contenders fight and I don't think many people would argue that he deserves it. He doesn't have anything more to prove right now. He'll probably fight someone like Tim Sylvia or something, unless they bring a UFC guy to fight him which is highly unlikely. The only fight that would have been acceptable imo would be Fedor but he's retired so what can ya do.

Post #3   7/15/12 2:42:57AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,700-926
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Don't know who DC is fighting when there is only one other HW on the SF roster and he just fought him, Barney.

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Honestly, this is such a waste of time and unnecessary move by Strikeforce, Cormier could have moved to the UFC right away and either put in for the title shot or number 1 contenders fight and I don't think many people would argue that he deserves it.

Daniel Cormier and Josh Barnett both are contractually obligated to fight once more for Strikeforce as a part of a negotiation between Zuffa and Showtime. The UFC wants them as much as we do and will be shutting the heavyweight division entirely down by the end of next year, most likely after Cormier and Barnett fight again..

Post #4   7/15/12 2:56:43AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Honestly, this is such a waste of time and unnecessary move by Strikeforce, Cormier could have moved to the UFC right away and either put in for the title shot or number 1 contenders fight and I don't think many people would argue that he deserves it. He doesn't have anything more to prove right now. He'll probably fight someone like Tim Sylvia or something, unless they bring a UFC guy to fight him which is highly unlikely. The only fight that would have been acceptable imo would be Fedor but he's retired so what can ya do.

Black Fedor VS Fedor

Would be a highly entertaining scrap. Fedor wins.

Post #5   7/15/12 5:14:27AM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:

Posted by DrivenDavies15

This isn't pro wrestling. The contracts are real and have to be honored.

Post #6   7/15/12 8:41:30AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Daniel will be in the UFC eventually.

There is plenty of other heavies in the UFC to hold me over till then. When he does finally get there we'll see if he's the real deal

Post #7   7/15/12 9:16:31AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
Cormier vs Kharitonov
Barnett vs AA

or sub one of them with Sylvia or James Thompson. I really don't know who else is out there. Aleksander Emelianenko probably still cant fight in the US. Duffee/Monson are fighting earlier in the month.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   7/15/12 12:42:59PM