Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Donald Cerrone vs. Melvin Guillard set for UFC 150 co-main event in Denver

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,438-812
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Donald Cerrone wanted a fight in Denver, and he shall have it – against a former teammate.

"Cowboy," who was born in nearby Colorado Springs, next month will fight Melvin Guillard at UFC 150 in a lightweight bout between two recent title contenders. UFC officials on Friday announced the fight booking, which will serve as the co-main event of the card.

UFC 150 takes place Aug. 11 at Denver's Pepsi Center and features a main event lightweight title fight between champion Benson Henderson and former champ Frankie Edgar, a rematch from their UFC 144 main event. Main-card fights air on pay-per-view, while FX and Facebook are expected to carry the prelims.

link

Post #1   7/13/12 6:02:22PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Chips:
Called it.

Post #2   7/13/12 6:07:15PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,821-1,143
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
About fucking time. I knew cowboy was in the co main but not against who. This makes me happy.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   7/13/12 6:15:51PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

About fucking time. I knew cowboy was in the co main but not against who. This makes me happy.

As of yesterday, he didn't know either. I replied to his Tweet suggesting Guillard.

I'm convinced I at least played some sort of role in booking this fight.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE DAMNIT

Last edited 7/13/12 6:20PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   7/13/12 6:20:27PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Cerrone RNC. is there really any other outcome?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   7/13/12 6:26:04PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,771-1,522
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Cerrone Guillotine

Post #6   7/13/12 6:57:37PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
If Cerrone shows up the way he did against Diaz, I'll go with Guillard. If the other Cerrone shows up, I'll go with Cerrone.

Post #7   7/13/12 6:58:46PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by MALICE

If Cerrone shows up the way he did against Diaz, I'll go with Guillard. If the other Cerrone shows up, I'll go with Cerrone.

Before Diaz fight - - got kicked in the face by one of his horses
Before Stephens fight - - his intestines moved while grappling

Either one will crush Melvin and his inflated record.

Post #8   7/13/12 7:05:49PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by MALICE

I rarely ever make excuses for fighters however I think Cerrone's downfall in the Diaz fight was, the fact Diaz was in Cerrone's head. Cerrone didn't want to go in there to compete in a MMA match with him, he went in there to beat the sh*t into him and his greg jackson gameplan went out the window as a result. He got roped up in the situation and got beaten on in the first round as a result but his pride was on the line.

Finally however in the third round he realised if he wanted to beat a Diaz brother he couldn't beat up a Diaz brother he could only really get a win, so started using leg kicks etc. As Condit demonstrated the same tactic to beat Nick Diaz.

Greg Jacksons gameplan to beat the Diaz brothers seemed the same between Condit and Cerrone, it's just one was caught up in the fight and the smack talk and the other executed it.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #9   7/13/12 7:29:22PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 35-47

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,449-941
Chips:
Anyone else wanna see Guillard flatten Cowboy into a cow patty?

Post #10   7/13/12 7:44:19PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Bubbles

Cerrone Guillotine

This.

Post #11   7/13/12 7:50:32PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by MALICE

The Cerrone that fought diaz was on his fifth fight in 12 months.

Post #12   7/13/12 7:52:06PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by MALICE

I rarely ever make excuses for fighters however I think Cerrone's downfall in the Diaz fight was, the fact Diaz was in Cerrone's head. Cerrone didn't want to go in there to compete in a MMA match with him, he went in there to beat the sh*t into him and his greg jackson gameplan went out the window as a result. He got roped up in the situation and got beaten on in the first round as a result but his pride was on the line.

Finally however in the third round he realised if he wanted to beat a Diaz brother he couldn't beat up a Diaz brother he could only really get a win, so started using leg kicks etc. As Condit demonstrated the same tactic to beat Nick Diaz.

Greg Jacksons gameplan to beat the Diaz brothers seemed the same between Condit and Cerrone, it's just one was caught up in the fight and the smack talk and the other executed it.

Cerrone has a terrible style to fight someone who can pressure him outside his own range. I think 10/10 times, Diaz give Cerrone the exact same problems from outside his range.

Post #13   7/13/12 7:59:46PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by MALICE

Cerrone has a terrible style to fight someone who can pressure him outside his own range. I think 10/10 times, Diaz give Cerrone the exact same problems from outside his range.

Same could probably be said for Condit. Both guys can throw combos, but they don't wanna get caught in a brawl, which is what the Diaz brothers love.

I picked Cerrone to win, and probably would again. I agree that Nate was inside his head, but he wouldn't let that happen again. EDIT: Nate's game has been advancing in leaps and bounds, so maybe I wouldn't pick Cerrone.

I think Cerrone will go back to his natural style VS Guillard, Muay Thai mixed in with some ground game beats winging right hands all day.

Last edited 7/13/12 8:29PM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   7/13/12 8:27:45PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Good fight. I think Cerrone takes this one.

Post #15   7/13/12 8:42:56PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2