Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jackson Scores Stunning First-Round KO to Take Liddell's UFC Title

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson heard the boos as he entered the ring. He was going up against the Ultimate Fighting Champion poster boy Chuck Liddell and he was not only predicted to lose, but desired to lose.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/27/07 10:02:31AM   

Near07

MMA Regular

Near07 Avatar

Career:1,782-1,308
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Im not sure why Rampage was such an underdog, he beat Chucks ass before why wouldn't he do it again? I do like Chuck but no one will win every fight, and I think Rampage, Henderson are just a bit above Chucks skill level...I know he will come back but I think he needs a new game plan besides backing off and hoping to land a KO, its worked for him before but the fighting level just went up!!
Matt Serra = upset
Rampage = Champ (going to be that way for a while)

Post #2   5/27/07 11:02:28AM   

Albertan

Learning to Sprawl

Albertan Avatar

Career:1,770-1,138
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
Like until Chute boxe shows up.

Post #3   5/27/07 1:36:54PM   

hisdudeness

Learning to Sprawl

hisdudeness Avatar

Career:147-99
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
I dont know why they consider it an upset, I like Chuck as well but he hasnt really had much competition. As for Pride, you had Rampage, Henderson, Shogun, Silva, all those fighters are out of his league. And with three of those four fighters already signed to UFC, i think chuck has had his last chance at being champ.

Post #4   5/27/07 3:15:27PM