Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fight Night Bonuses

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
FOTN: Te Huna vs. Beltran
KOTN: Chris Weidman
SOTN: Bruce Leeroy

I don't agree with FOTN or SOTN. Cariaso vs. Ferguson was more competitive while Beltran didn't have much for Te Huna and Carmont's crucifix to a rear naked choke was more impressive than a standard triangle after a handful of failed attempts.

Post #1   7/12/12 12:06:35AM   

Coffeyy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:291-204
Camp: rSlashMMA
Chips:
I completely agree with you about the SOTN Carmont's submission was a thing of beauty! Also, did you see Andrew Craig's amazing comeback victory in the Facebook pre-lims? I was shouting at the top of my lungs.

Post #2   7/12/12 12:11:22AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I don't agree. Carmont should've received the SOTN as an arm-trapped RNC against someone never before finished is more impressive than Alex submitting Page for his 4th straight submission loss.

And you have to give Craig either KOTN or Craig vs. Natal FOTN. No way you can leave that fight completely off the bonuses in favor of a one-sided slugfest. Oh well.

Post #3   7/12/12 12:18:37AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Chips:

Posted by Coffeyy

I completely agree with you about the SOTN Carmont's submission was a thing of beauty! Also, did you see Andrew Craig's amazing comeback victory in the Facebook pre-lims? I was shouting at the top of my lungs.

Great comeback for sure. Would've earned KOTN if not for Weidman.

Post #4   7/12/12 12:19:27AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:
That elbow from Weidman was awesome. I think this event justified two KOTN winners tbh. Easy for me to say though, I don't write the checks.

Post #5   7/12/12 12:21:44AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Te Huna/Beltran did start to fade a bit, but a little more back and forth than Chris/Josh, which I thought was more of just a beatdown by Chris.

I was okay with Alex getting SOTN.

Craig can get the CBOTN, come back of the night. I'm sure he might get a little something extra.

Post #6   7/12/12 1:31:20AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:484-292
Chips:
Weidman's hellbow deserved KOTN.
I actually thought besides for the first round and final 10 seconds Te Huna vs. Beltran was standard fight, would have liked to see Nato vs. Craig get FoTN.
I thought Alex won SoTN as soon as he locked it in. It was a sick triangle and only someone with long legs and great flexibility could have locked it in from that position, Kenny was in the middle of saying, Yeah this is where Page needs to keep his hea, then bam locked in. Carmont submitted a gassed fighter who was looking for a way out.imo

Karlos has been finished before btw, Jon Madsen stomped him out in his UFC debut.

Best Fuel card yet!

Post #7   7/12/12 3:58:32PM