Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Luke Rockhold: Anderson Silva's win 'looked dirty' after greasing and grabbing shorts

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,073-623
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Silva won, there is no contesting that. I dont believe Silva's illegal actions changed the outcome, but I do have a couple of observations and comments:

1) Silva's attempt to grease was illegal, but more importantly it showed that Silva was more concerned about the fight then he let on. If he was confident he would dominate, there would have been no need to attempt to grease.

2) Grabbing shorts happens all the time, just ask Kongo. Maybe the refs should be more aggressive in deducting points for grabbing shorts and the fence. That's probably the only solution.

3) Just because someone cheats without getting caught does not make it legal. If I stole a TV, but the cops didnt catch me, I didnt get the TV in a legal manner. I still broke the law.

4) The knee was perfectly legal and a very effective shot.

5) The biggest factor was Chael making the mistake with the spinning back fist. I bet he wishes he could do that one over again.

Just my thoughts.

Post #16   7/9/12 4:23:46PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

Silva won, there is no contesting that. I dont believe Silva's illegal actions changed the outcome, but I do have a couple of observations and comments:

1) Silva's attempt to grease was illegal, but more importantly it showed that Silva was more concerned about the fight then he let on. If he was confident he would dominate, there would have been no need to attempt to grease.

2) Grabbing shorts happens all the time, just ask Kongo. Maybe the refs should be more aggressive in deducting points for grabbing shorts and the fence. That's probably the only solution.

3) Just because someone cheats without getting caught does not make it legal. If I stole a TV, but the cops didnt catch me, I didnt get the TV in a legal manner. I still broke the law.

4) The knee was perfectly legal and a very effective shot.

5) The biggest factor was Chael making the mistake with the spinning back fist. I bet he wishes he could do that one over again.

Just my thoughts.

Nice Post!

Post #17   7/9/12 4:26:43PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I can't believe how much attention grabbing the shorts is getting...its not like he was warned numerous times

Post #18   7/9/12 4:35:36PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

Rockhold doesn't care about the greasing or the shorts, he just wants to get moved to the UFC and is prepping for a Sonnen esque affair with Anderson. After he beat either Souza or Jardine he said in his post fight he wanted to fight the best in the UFC but in the presser afterwards he changed his tune and said he knew strikeforce had great competition and he was willing to fight whoever they put in front of him. He's making a play to change promotions.

^^^ This sums it up.

Post #19   7/9/12 4:51:53PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I haven't heard Chael say anything. Chael most definitely would be talking about it, don't you think?

Nevermind

Last edited 7/9/12 5:01PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   7/9/12 5:00:51PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Did Anderson Silva grease the bottom of Chael Sonnen's foot? Am I missing something?

Lol maybe the Dodge logo. Not sure why this time its a big deal. People been saying its a big deal. Sonnen is just trying to beat Silva at something.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #21   7/9/12 5:20:08PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
silva said he would not respect chael so i can see why he did everything he did and he wasnt shy about it. and if there gonna grease your face and you dont want it whats the diffrence if you re apply it they supplied it.

Last edited 7/9/12 5:31PM server time by submissionartist1
Edit note/reason: knee was so legal

Post #22   7/9/12 5:30:52PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

silva said he would not respect chael so i can see why he did everything he did and he wasnt shy about it. and if there gonna grease your face and you dont want it whats the diffrence if you re apply it they supplied it.

Ridiculous comment.

Post #23   7/9/12 5:35:49PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by MALICE

Posted by submissionartist1

silva said he would not Hespect Shael so i can see why he did everything he did and he wasnt shy about it. and if there gonna grease your face and you dont want it whats the diffrence if you re apply it they supplied it.

Hidiculous comment.

Fixed!!!

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #24   7/9/12 5:51:40PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
I agree with Luke the fight looked dirty but what can you expect in a fight? Remember when Hughes Balls jumped into his throat from Trigg? GSP getting his shoulders rubbed? When fighters generally don't like each other fight's seem to get dirtier, but by no means an asterisk should be put on a fight, because Anderson rubbed some grease or grabbed some shorts. Hell look at Kongo's fight with Browne now that was serious shorts grabbing!

I am also still a Sonnen fan, but more importantly a Weidman fanatic!

Post #25   7/9/12 5:58:16PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2