Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Luke Rockhold: Anderson Silva's win 'looked dirty' after greasing and grabbing shorts

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
"I call it like I see it and [the win] just looked dirty to me. [Silva] greased himself again. After the Vitor [Belfort] fight I saw him grease himself. I wasn't very fond of that first one. He did it again, blatantly. And then the shorts grab. And then finally the knee, it ended up legal, but it looked like bad intentions. All that together, it just wasn't very champion-like for me. I want to see a respectful champion out there. I know emotions might get high with all the crap talking, but you gotta keep those separate and gotta fight clean."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/9/12 11:20:22AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,957-1,617
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Anderson has been rubbing the grease off his face all over himself ever since BJ said GSP greased himself for there second scrap!!

I'm surprised its now just becoming a big deal to other fighters

Post #2   7/9/12 11:32:25AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Anderson has been rubbing the grease off his face all over himself ever since BJ said GSP greased himself for there second scrap!!

I'm surprised its now just becoming a big deal to other fighters

Ive never noticed, its hard to think I've been favoriting a cheater, I forgot thats the main reason I dont like GSP. People want to be mesmerized and believe in legends. I think thats why noone seemed to care when Chael pissed dirtier than overeem and when GSP was obviously greasing against penn.

Hell, maybe Tito would be doing alright if he was using cutting edge designer hormones and greasing uo every fight.

Post #3   7/9/12 11:45:58AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:843-588
Chips:
all these complaints are getting annoying. The fight is over. Anderson won. Done deal.

Post #4   7/9/12 12:43:46PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Yep that mass amount of grease from his face to his chest, that was wiped off is the reason Anderson won. Add in the illegal knee that actually was legal and they should call it a no contest. (i can't defend the shorts)

Post #5   7/9/12 12:51:04PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
Rockhold doesn't care about the greasing or the shorts, he just wants to get moved to the UFC and is prepping for a Sonnen esque affair with Anderson. After he beat either Souza or Jardine he said in his post fight he wanted to fight the best in the UFC but in the presser afterwards he changed his tune and said he knew strikeforce had great competition and he was willing to fight whoever they put in front of him. He's making a play to change promotions.

Post #6   7/9/12 1:00:19PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
I'm over it but to play the advocate, if guy gets caught on PED once he is brand a juicer for his whole career even though he just failed one test, yet a guy who gets caught greasing and gets it wiped of has done no wrong and only tired to cheat once. he got caught just like the other so why the bias

Post #7   7/9/12 2:39:07PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Unified MMA Rules

Use of Vaseline and other similar substances

Due to the Penn-St. Pierre matter, the group discussed the application of any substance to the hair or body which could result in an advantage. Absolutely "no" body grease, gels, balms, lotions oils, or other substances may be applied to the hair, face or body. This includes the use of excessive amounts of water "dumped" on a contestant to make him/her slippery. However, Vaseline may be applied solely to the facial area at cage side or ringside in the presence of an inspector, referee, or a person designated by the commission. Any contestant applying anything other than Vaseline in an approved fashion at the appropriate time could be penalized a point or subject to loss by disqualification.

The rules seem quite clear to me.

Last edited 7/9/12 2:51PM server time by Malice
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   7/9/12 2:44:06PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,682-1,471
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yves caught the grease wipe and wiped Anderson down with a towel before the fight started. End of story.

The knee was clearly clean. End of story.

As for the short grab, its the refs job to catch that right? Yves clearly didnt see anything that prompted a point deduction.

Andersons win was clean. Stop bitchin.

Post #9   7/9/12 3:22:21PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,692-972
Chips:
Inception of MMA: place the idea of a dispute into the media & the fan's heads. then in the future, when you're about to fight the guy, use past comments as fuel for the Hype Train.

Rockhold is doing nothing more than this. Trying to hype a possible fight in the future.

Last edited 7/9/12 4:09PM server time by Poor_Franklin
2 total post edits

Post #10   7/9/12 3:39:42PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Yves caught the grease wipe and wiped Anderson down with a towel before the fight started. End of story.

As for the short grab, its the refs job to catch that right? Yves clearly didnt see anything that prompted a point deduction.

Exactly! Yves caught Andy cheating and did what he thought would rectify the situation. Yves did not see the shorts grab. Therefore both instances were legal.

Post #11   7/9/12 3:43:33PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Because Lavigne caught the greasing does not dismiss the fact that Silva was greasing.

The knee was called clean. End of story, but the knee introduces the questions: What is considered a knee? Is a thigh striking the head legal or illegal?

Because Lavigne did not penalize Silva for the shorts grabbing does not dismiss the fact that Silva was blatantly, illegally grabbing the shorts.

Since these incidents did happen, Silva's win was not clean. Decisive, but not clean.

Last edited 7/9/12 3:46PM server time by Malice
2 total post edits

Post #12   7/9/12 3:45:16PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

Rockhold doesn't care about the greasing or the shorts, he just wants to get moved to the UFC and is prepping for a Sonnen esque affair with Anderson. After he beat either Souza or Jardine he said in his post fight he wanted to fight the best in the UFC but in the presser afterwards he changed his tune and said he knew strikeforce had great competition and he was willing to fight whoever they put in front of him. He's making a play to change promotions.

I completely agree.

He has to get by Kennedy first. Strikeforce's Middleweight division just doesn't stack up to the UFC's. A close (somewhat controversial) win over Souza and a win over a completely drained Jardine hasn't convinced me that he can compete with the top of the division, let alone Silva.

Rockhold rubs me the wrong way to be honest. He could be a legit top 5 guy for all I know but I just don't see it personally.

Post #13   7/9/12 3:50:14PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,724-935
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Did Anderson Silva grease the bottom of Chael Sonnen's foot? Am I missing something?

Post #14   7/9/12 4:03:08PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

all these complaints are getting annoying. The fight is over. Anderson won. Done deal.

This

I think we're making it a big deal. I haven't heard Dana or the commision talking about it or launching an investigation into anything. Hell, I haven't heard Chael say anything either. Chael most definitely would be talking about it, don't you think?

Post #15   7/9/12 4:04:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2