Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Silva/St Pierre or Silva/Jones

Print  
Would you like to see Silva/Jones or Silva/St Pierre?
Silva/St Pierre 6 17%
Silva/Jones 30 83%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I would prefer he stayed and fought the winner of Munoz/Weidman, but eventually if Silva has to go up or down, what would you like to see?

Post #1   7/8/12 9:54:50PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:
I have no interest in Silva/GSP anymore tbh

Post #2   7/8/12 9:55:57PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Because if Sonnen can hold Silva down, then GSP can do it with his little finger?

Post #3   7/8/12 10:05:44PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

There is far more hype for a match with Jones, so I kind of agree.

Post #4   7/8/12 10:07:14PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Budgellism

Because if Sonnen can hold Silva down, then GSP can do it with his little finger?

Huh? no.

Because they hyped this match years ago and it didn't happen. Now GSP has been out well over a year and has a bunch of contenders lined up. The Middleweight division has some light left but Silva has done more than enough there. He could easily move up to LHW to finish off his career.

Silva is also a big fighter. I don't think he could make 170 and still fight the way he does. Also, GSP has said he doesn't want a catch fight and if he moves up to MW it would be a permanent move.

And that's without even mentioning the fact that the fight between Silva and Jones is stylistically more appealing. That fight would shatter ppv numbers and sell out any arena in minutes.

Last edited 7/8/12 10:25PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   7/8/12 10:24:58PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Chips:
silva/jones all day. i love gsp, but i dont think he has a chance.

Post #6   7/8/12 10:52:10PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Ive been claiming forever that Jones would dominate Silva, I now have my doubts. It looks like if Silva survives he's gonna clip you or catch you.

Silva GSP would be much more interesting now that we've seen Anderson able to finish Sonnen and Hendo of all people.

Post #7   7/9/12 1:14:07AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

I would prefer he stayed and fought the winner of Munoz/Weidman, but eventually if Silva has to go up or down, what would you like to see?

Why would he need to go up or down? Hes the Champ hes the #1 P4p fighter in the world is someone wants to take that either title from him then by all means find your way to 185 and do it. He has nothing to prove.

Post #8   7/9/12 8:21:01AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:749-413
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
silva vs jones would be the biggest fight ever just because of the aura and sense of invincibility they have.
lets be honest here the only reason chael lost that fight was because he threw a reckless spinning back fist, up until that point he was in control. i still say silva's tdd is not that great, although he did put more resistance in this fight.
this being said, jones is a huge 205 and probably has the best gnp and takedowns of the division.
i would pay the full ppv price just for this fight alone.

Post #9   7/9/12 8:41:08AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
To be honest, I don't care if I ever see either match up. Don't get me wrong, I would be as excited as the next guy if one of these happened but I don't really see the point for any of the three fighters involved.

Anderson really has nothing to prove.

Jon Jones shouldn't be fighting 205'ers let alone middleweights.

GSP now has plenty of work to do at 170.

If the stars align one day and it makes sense, I'm all for it but for now I'm not holding my breath.

Post #10   7/9/12 9:25:17AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma
lets be honest here the only reason chael lost that fight was because he threw a reckless spinning back fist, up until that point he was in control. i still say silva's tdd is not that great, although he did put more resistance in this fight.

I think maybe you need to be honest with yourself. The way I see it Anderson came out in the first over aggressive and was takendown. A takedown which was followed by little to know offense. The second round he came out calm and chael never even came close to getting the fight back to the floor. Then Chael made a mistake and Anderson took full advantage of it, fights over. Its what he does, he waits for you to make a mistake and he ends your night. There is a reason they call him the spider.

Post #11   7/9/12 9:27:00AM   

danclarke1992

Standup Guy

danclarke1992 Avatar

Career:1,192-743
Chips:
personally i think silva/GSP quite one sided, silva is too big and would dominate GSP IMO, id love to see silva vs jones, it would be an incredible fight. however i dont think either fight will actually happen

Post #12   7/9/12 11:23:52AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,509-889
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Silva vs Jones in Manilla make it happen Dana

Post #13   7/9/12 2:28:30PM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:1,033-652
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
i want him to have his retirement in brazil against jones that would be a awesome way to end his career

Post #14   7/9/12 2:41:49PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:749-413
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by aussiemma

I think maybe you need to be honest with yourself. The way I see it Anderson came out in the first over aggressive and was takendown. A takedown which was followed by little to know offense. The second round he came out calm and chael never even came close to getting the fight back to the floor. Then Chael made a mistake and Anderson took full advantage of it, fights over. Its what he does, he waits for you to make a mistake and he ends your night. There is a reason they call him the spider. [/QU

yeah i agree but chael threw that stupid spin move and missed by miles and ended up in a vulnerable position that cost him the fight, up until that point i think it's fair to say that chael was in control. i stand by anderson not having the best tdd (which he doesn't). im not disagreeing with you at all.

Post #15   7/9/12 10:24:36PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2