Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen: ‘The Better Guy Wins Every Night, the Better Guy Won Tonight’ (UFC 148 Video)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
LAS VEGAS – The rift between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen became one of the most heated rivalries in the history of the UFC. They finally settled the score in the Octagon at UFC 148 on Saturday night, Silva once again getting the better of Sonnen.

Despite all the craziness, the American Gangsta shtick, and the bravado heading into the fight, Sonnen showed his humility afterwards, giving Silva his due.

“The better guy wins every time,” said Sonnen. “The better guy won tonight.”

Check out Chael Sonnen’s comments from Saturday night’s UFC 148 post-fight press conference…Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1   7/8/12 1:10:29PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,115-716
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
i absolutely love chael. i really do think he believes in the things he says( even if it is a shtick) and win or lose he will say what he believes in

to chael

Post #2   7/8/12 1:27:22PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by kopower

LAS VEGAS – The rift between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen became one of the most heated rivalries in the history of the UFC. They finally settled the score in the Octagon at UFC 148 on Saturday night, Silva once again getting the better of Sonnen.

Despite all the craziness, the American Gangsta shtick, and the bravado heading into the fight, Sonnen showed his humility afterwards, giving Silva his due.

Check out Chael Sonnen’s comments from Saturday night’s UFC 148 post-fight press conference…Link

The better guy won the first time after you cheated, fade away, dont pretend youre awesome after you fail like Tito did for popularity.

Last edited 7/8/12 1:56PM server time by ghandikush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/8/12 1:55:41PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Chael did his thing in round one. He couldn't pull it together for round 2, and that was all a motivated (and healthy) Silva needed.

Post #4   7/8/12 2:12:05PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikus

The better guy won the first time after you cheated, fade away, dont pretend youre awesome after you fail like Tito did for popularity.

this is a horrible post

and as far as him pretending to be awesome, he's NOT pretending, he IS awesome

Post #5   7/8/12 2:15:33PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kopower

take a note from cheal and show a little class

Post #6   7/8/12 2:43:31PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by ghandikus

this is a horrible post

he cheated, he lost, he pretended like he won, then he got that ass beat when he didnt cheat... pretty sure thats how it went. Anderson silva = awesome

fail sonnen= 7-6 in the UFC hahahaha Give him Lyoto next like he was talking smack about for my heart warming lulz

Post #7   7/8/12 2:44:39PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by the-king

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kopower

take a note from cheal and show a little class

Sure will lol

Post #8   7/8/12 2:46:08PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by ghandikus

this is a horrible post

he cheated, he lost, he pretended like he won, then he got that ass beat when he didnt cheat... pretty sure thats how it went. Anderson silva = awesome

fail sonnen= 7-6 in the UFC hahahaha Give him Lyoto next like he was talking smack about for my heart warming lulz

dont pretend andy didnt get his ass handed to him the first fight and in the second fight was getting beat up too untill he greased up and kept holding on to chaels trunks to keep him off of him. at the end of the day andy is no more that a punk. and chael would eat lyoto up unless he goes with the greasing too

Post #9   7/8/12 2:51:50PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Yeah, the greasing thing wasn't great, but Lavigne caught that. And the shorts thing wasn't super awesome, but I don't think Silva really needed it. His TDD in the 2nd round was perfect.

Sonnen remains one of my favorite MMA personalities. He's flawed, but I still think he's very good and certainly entertaining in front of a mic. Hats off to both him and Silva for making up after the fight, and for Silva's wiseass remark about the BBQ and steak.

I'll still watch Sonnen fight pretty much anyone, because I know he'll bring it.

Post #10   7/8/12 2:58:44PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm not gonna take away from Andersons win.

But to even try to grease is fucked up on his part.

With that being said I don't know the facts. I don't know if he really did grease.

BUT before the fight even started and when they were making the introductions did anyone notice Anderson falling against the fence over and over.

When I saw that I looked at my girlfriend and was like check it out he's greasing through the fence with his banner.

THEN after all that greasing actually comes up as an issue??? Crazy coincidence

Last edited 7/8/12 3:03PM server time by george112

Post #11   7/8/12 3:02:31PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:
I didnt notice greasing but it probably happened. Its shitty that it cant be handled like testing for a 16.9:1 tesosterone ratio.

Post #12   7/8/12 3:21:32PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

dont pretend andy didnt get his ass handed to him the first fight and in the second fight was getting beat up too untill he greased up and kept holding on to chaels trunks to keep him off of him. at the end of the day andy is no more that a punk. and chael would eat lyoto up unless he goes with the greasing too

Last edited 7/8/12 3:25PM server time by State_Champ

Post #13   7/8/12 3:24:55PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

i absolutely love chael. i really do think he believes in the things he says( even if it is a shtick) and win or lose he will say what he believes in

to chael

So you believe that Chael means what he says and yet you still like him??? lol

Some people say "I like Chael because I know he doesn't mean what he says." Personally I think he does mean it and for that reason I dislike him as much as I've ever disliked a professional athlete.

But YOU.....how can you support the multitude of insulting, racist, and offensive things that he's said about so many people?

He's a money launderer, a juicer, a fake tapper, a poor loser, and a B level fighter.

Post #14   7/8/12 4:36:00PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Post #15   7/8/12 4:50:15PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2