Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest's post fight antics

Print  
Forrests Antics
Messed up 22 65%
All in good fun 12 35%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,586-1,413
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
After watching the post fight presser, I was thinking it was kinda messed up for Forrest to run out, then give an awkward interview after Tito's retirement fight. Kinda took his final goodbye away from him.

Opinions?

Post #1   7/8/12 2:08:35AM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:
I didnt really like it. I thought that Rogan should have interviewed Tito. As far as Forrest running out, that really bugged me, what was that shit all about?? I'm glad Dana went after him.

Post #2   7/8/12 2:13:57AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Chips:
He figured he lost as his striking was pretty ineffective and he got dropped twice, takedown and beat on a couple of times...etc.

Post #3   7/8/12 2:30:34AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:673-365
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
yeah total dick move by forrest, i think he meant for the interview to be all in fun but it turned out pretty disrespectful.

Post #4   7/8/12 2:40:03AM   

hammerhead1

MMA Regular

hammerhead1 Avatar

Career:1,404-1,021
Chips:
I was a fan of Forrest Griffin before he cried and ran out of the octagon before. Up until then i have disliked his poor loser behaviour. That is not how a professional should act. Unless he was dying...He should stay in the octagon until the final decision is made and someones arm gets raised. I am not a fan of Forrest Griffin

Post #5   7/8/12 3:20:23AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Chips:
I am a fan of Forrest Griffin, and I didn't like what he did, although I get that he was trying to be funny in the moment. Shit, I've tried that here before and I fell on my face. Tito deserved better than that, and it sucks that he didn't get a Rogan send off. Here's a PG sendoff though:

Tito, you are a legend of the sport, an icon that transcends MMA, and we thank you for all you've given to us, the fans, whether we loved you or hated you, you always came out and gave us a show and we appreciate it. Long live Team Punishment, love them or hate them!

Post #6   7/8/12 3:39:27AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:765-541
Camp: TKO
Chips:
that was really weird. Anybody else notice that Forrest looked very strange tonight?

Post #7   7/8/12 5:07:55AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I am a fan of Forrest Griffin, and I didn't like what he did, although I get that he was trying to be funny in the moment. Shit, I've tried that here before and I fell on my face. Tito deserved better than that, and it sucks that he didn't get a Rogan send off. Here's a PG sendoff though:

Tito, you are a legend of the sport, an icon that transcends MMA, and we thank you for all you've given to us, the fans, whether we loved you or hated you, you always came out and gave us a show and we appreciate it. Long live Team Punishment, love them or hate them!

Wow this guy gets it. I'll prop him because he's made me a better MMA fan.

Also,

Post #8   7/8/12 5:18:33AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Chips:
Very strange stuff from Griffin. I don't really have an opinion either way about what he did though. Glad Tito is finally done.

Post #9   7/8/12 9:47:46AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Griffin is often a head case when he loses, or at least thinks he loses. I don't think he means any disrespect when he leaves the octagon prematurely; he simply has a weird way of dealing with disappointment.

Post #10   7/8/12 11:07:12AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,252-1,209
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think he's been hit in the head one to many times. He used to be my favorite fighter, after his run on TUF. His fight with Bonnar and Shogun are two of my favorite fights. It seems his personality nowadays is more up and down.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #11   7/8/12 11:54:16AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

He figured he lost as his striking was pretty ineffective and he got dropped twice, takedown and beat on a couple of times...etc.

My thoughts exactly

Post #12   7/8/12 12:04:31PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by cowcatcher

Wow this guy gets it. I'll prop him because he's made me a better MMA fan.

Also,

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #13   7/8/12 12:38:57PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:734-359
Chips:
It was clear that Tito wanted a dignified and meaningful exit from the Octagon and I think he deserved that. Unfortunately Forrest took that from him.

It wasn't the place to act up like that and take the spotlight from Tito - he should have had more respect.

He probably wasn't thinking though - he sounded pretty remorseful about it at the post-fight presser.

Post #14   7/8/12 1:24:03PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Chips:

Posted by hammerhead1

I was a fan of Forrest Griffin before he cried and ran out of the octagon before. Up until then i have disliked his poor loser behaviour. That is not how a professional should act. Unless he was dying...He should stay in the octagon until the final decision is made and someones arm gets raised. I am not a fan of Forrest Griffin

pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

i dislike so Forrest so much, i pulled for Tito. I NEVER PULL FOR TITO!

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #15   7/8/12 4:54:15PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2