Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tim Tebow joins MMA craze

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Okay, this is ridiculous and I don't mean Tebow adding this to his training regiment.

First and foremost, Tebow is only doing this to add it to his workout regiment. He is not thinking of turning into a professional MMA fighter.

Additionally, anyone who thinks this kid couldn't turn into a decent/good MMA fighter is absolutely out of their mind.

Put the jokes aside. This guy is one of the hardest working athletes in all of professional sports. He has a work ethic that most employers DREAM of having. He is one of the toughest guys in the NFL. Seriously, this guy played a High School game, I repeat, A HIGH SCHOOL GAME with a broken leg. He didn't bitch about it.

This guy is also a winner on every level. You might not like what he does or how he does it, but he gets the job done. He actually shut people up and beat the Steelers with his arm. He finds ways to get stuff done.

Also, Schaub played Fullback at a D1 school in Colorado. He knows a thing or two about both sports. Not saying training with Schaub will make Tebow an amazing fighter, but plenty of NFL athletes have made the transition fairly well; Mitrione, Schaub, I guess Walker.

Tebow has more durability than any of those guys except for maybe Walker. Even then, he's more than half his age or something, haha.

This kid could play just about any sport he ever wanted to play. I don't think MMA is a huge stretch for an athlete like Tebow.

Post #16   7/6/12 6:28:22PM   

PhilBrito

Learning to Sprawl

Career:9-5
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Okay, this is ridiculous and I don't mean Tebow adding this to his training regiment.

First and foremost, Tebow is only doing this to add it to his workout regiment. He is not thinking of turning into a professional MMA fighter.

Additionally, anyone who thinks this kid couldn't turn into a decent/good MMA fighter is absolutely out of their mind.

Put the jokes aside. This guy is one of the hardest working athletes in all of professional sports. He has a work ethic that most employers DREAM of having. He is one of the toughest guys in the NFL. Seriously, this guy played a High School game, I repeat, A HIGH SCHOOL GAME with a broken leg. He didn't bitch about it.

This guy is also a winner on every level. You might not like what he does or how he does it, but he gets the job done. He actually shut people up and beat the Steelers with his arm. He finds ways to get stuff done.

Also, Schaub played Fullback at a D1 school in Colorado. He knows a thing or two about both sports. Not saying training with Schaub will make Tebow an amazing fighter, but plenty of NFL athletes have made the transition fairly well; Mitrione, Schaub, I guess Walker.

Tebow has more durability than any of those guys except for maybe Walker. Even then, he's more than half his age or something, haha.

This kid could play just about any sport he ever wanted to play. I don't think MMA is a huge stretch for an athlete like Tebow.

Agreed on every single point. I swear to god the only person not talking about Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow. The guy is a special talent, and could probably do just about anything athletically he wants.

Guys cross train mma all the time, Patrick Willis, AJ Hawk Matt Leinart etc.

Last edited 7/6/12 9:15PM server time by PhilBrito
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   7/6/12 9:14:22PM   

TKDMichael

Learning to Sprawl

TKDMichael Avatar

Career:37-26
Chips:

Posted by PhilBrito

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn Okay, this is ridiculous and I don't mean Tebow adding this to his training regiment. First and foremost, Tebow is only doing this to add it to his workout regiment. He is not thinking of turning into a professional MMA fighter. Additionally, anyone who thinks this kid couldn't turn into a decent/good MMA fighter is absolutely out of their mind. Put the jokes aside. This guy is one of the hardest working athletes in all of professional sports. He has a work ethic that most employers DREAM of having. He is one of the toughest guys in the NFL. Seriously, this guy played a High School game, I repeat, A HIGH SCHOOL GAME with a broken leg. He didn't bitch about it. This guy is also a winner on every level. You might not like what he does or how he does it, but he gets the job done. He actually shut people up and beat the Steelers with his arm. He finds ways to get stuff done. Also, Schaub played Fullback at a D1 school in Colorado. He knows a thing or two about both sports. Not saying training with Schaub will make Tebow an amazing fighter, but plenty of NFL athletes have made the transition fairly well; Mitrione, Schaub, I guess Walker. Tebow has more durability than any of those guys except for maybe Walker. Even then, he's more than half his age or something, haha. This kid could play just about any sport he ever wanted to play. I don't think MMA is a huge stretch for an athlete like Tebow.
Agreed on every single point. I swear to god the only person not talking about Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow. The guy is a special talent, and could probably do just about anything athletically he wants. Guys cross train mma all the time, Patrick Willis, AJ Hawk Matt Leinart etc.

Tell me Henderson couldn't beat Tebow. And then you are crazy.

Post #18   7/6/12 9:37:28PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TKDMichael

Have you ever heard of a strawman argument? No? Here, let me explain it.

A strawman argument is when one person, in this case you, takes the weakest point of another person's argument, in this case mine, and proceeds to attack that as if it were a logical point.

You fired back with one of the most ridiculous arguments of all time with "tell me Henderson couldn't beat Tebow."

Well, lets's analyze your AMAZING point, shall we?

Dan Henderson is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time. He also has about 20 years of training on Tebow and has been a champion in multiple weight classes.

Tim Tebow is an NFL sophomore with 2 BCS titles, a Heisman, and an NFL playoff victory.

Your "point" is about as ridiculous as me saying, "Tell me Henderson could lead the Broncos to victory over the Steelers in the playoffs. And then you are crazy."

You see what I did there? It's stupid, isn't it?

Stop making ridiculous statements that nobody has claimed.

Post #19   7/6/12 9:47:58PM   

TKDMichael

Learning to Sprawl

TKDMichael Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by TKDMichael Tell me Henderson couldn't beat Tebow. And then you are crazy.
Have you ever heard of a strawman argument? No? Here, let me explain it. A strawman argument is when one person, in this case you, takes the weakest point of another person's argument, in this case mine, and proceeds to attack that as if it were a logical point. You fired back with one of the most ridiculous arguments of all time with "tell me Henderson couldn't beat Tebow." Well, lets's analyze your AMAZING point, shall we? Dan Henderson is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time. He also has about 20 years of training on Tebow and has been a champion in multiple weight classes. Tim Tebow is an NFL sophomore with 2 BCS titles, a Heisman, and an NFL playoff victory. Your "point" is about as ridiculous as me saying, "Tell me Henderson could lead the Broncos to victory over the Steelers in the playoffs. And then you are crazy." You see what I did there? It's stupid, isn't it? Stop making ridiculous statements that nobody has claimed.

Looking back,that was a pretty stupid thing to say. My point is, Tebow CRIED in college when the Gators lost a game to a team they had beaten in the previous year. He's probably a second-string this year. The fact the Gracies let him train with them surprises me,if he had been a regular guy with the currrent build of Tebow they wouldn't let him in.. BTW, I thought we were still discussing the post in which frizzlecake said Tebow wouldn't tap, and I gave a list of people Tebow couldn't beat. That's why I posted 'bout Henderson.

Post #20   7/7/12 4:26:29AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TKDMichael

Looking back,that was a pretty stupid thing to say.
My point is, Tebow CRIED in college when the Gators lost a game to a team they had beaten in the previous year. He's probably a second-string this year. The fact the Gracies let him train with them surprises me,if he had been a regular guy with the currrent build of Tebow they wouldn't let him in..
BTW, I thought we were still discussing the post in which frizzlecake said Tebow wouldn't tap, and I gave a list of people Tebow couldn't beat. That's why I posted 'bout Henderson.

I didn't see fizzlecake say that or I would have jumped on that.

I can't see why the Gracie's WOULDN'T let him train there. I'm not sure if you've taken a look at Tebow in just his boxers (yes, I realize how that sounds, but he does commercials for them), but he's a pretty shredded guy. He is in absolutely INCREDIBLE shape.

As for the crying thing. Dude poured his heart and soul into Gators football. He came back to win a 3rd National Championship with the Gators and fell short of his dream. The game you're talking about was the SEC title game. The winner got to play for the National Title. His college career would come to an end with only one title (He had two, but Leak was the starter for the first).

Dude was upset that he left it on the field and it wasn't good enough. He gives everything he has, every time this guy plays. His work ethic is questioned by nobody. His training regiment is questioned by nobody. His lifestyle is questioned by nobody. He's dedicated, motivated, hard working, and a proven winner. Did I also mention that he inspires other people around him to be better?

Don't take my word for it, ask his teammates or those who have played against him. I have.

Please explain to me why a Gracie wouldn't want that attitude at their camp?

You keep saying, if he wasn't Tim Tebow, but that's the thing, he IS Tim Tebow. And he's ONLY Tim Tebow because of all the hardwork he put into his career. Nobody gave this guy anything. If you want to be real, he's had to work for FAR more than most people with his athletic talent and prowess.

Also, Sanchez sucks. Don't be surpised if Tebow takes that gig from him. I'm a USC guy and even I recognize that Sanchez has actually gotten worse, not better.

Last edited 7/7/12 4:40AM server time by BlueSkiesBurn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   7/7/12 4:39:13AM   

PhilBrito

Learning to Sprawl

Career:9-5
Chips:

Posted by TKDMichael

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by TKDMichael

A strawman argument is when one person, in this case you, takes the weakest point of another person's argument, in this case mine, and proceeds to attack that as if it were a logical point.

You fired back with one of the most ridiculous arguments of all time with "tell me Henderson couldn't beat Tebow."

Dan Henderson is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time. He also has about 20 years of training on Tebow and has been a champion in multiple weight classes.

Tim Tebow is an NFL sophomore with 2 BCS titles, a Heisman, and an NFL playoff victory.

Your "point" is about as ridiculous as me saying, "Tell me Henderson could lead the Broncos to victory over the Steelers in the playoffs. And then you are crazy."

My point is, Tebow CRIED in college when the Gators lost a game to a team they had beaten in the previous year. He's probably a second-string this year. The fact the Gracies let him train with them surprises me,if he had been a regular guy with the currrent build of Tebow they wouldn't let him in..
BTW, I thought we were still discussing the post in which frizzlecake said Tebow wouldn't tap, and I gave a list of people Tebow couldn't beat. That's why I posted 'bout Henderson.

Did Tebow fuck your girl or something?

Post #22   7/7/12 10:21:04AM   

TKDMichael

Learning to Sprawl

TKDMichael Avatar

Chips:

Posted by PhilBrito

Posted by TKDMichael

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by TKDMichael

Did Tebow fuck your girl or something?

PhilBrito,chill out man. . I don't really respect Tebow. It's my opinion and I can deal with everybody elses. Hey, I would be surprised if my favorite player, Mark Ingram, was invited to the Lion's Den.
I'm saying the Gracies let Tebow in based on STAR POWER MORE THAN his physical prowess in my opinion. Not saying Tebow has no physical skill. The guy threw a, what, 70-yarder, against the Steelers?
But a football player who doesn't devote his life to MMA doesn't deserve to train with the Gracies when a guy who worked his whole life on training with the Gracies gets told no.

Post #23   7/7/12 2:41:39PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

PhilBrito,chill out man. . I don't really respect Tebow. It's my opinion and I can deal with everybody elses. Hey, I would be surprised if my favorite player, Mark Ingram, was invited to the Lion's Den.
I'm saying the Gracies let Tebow in based on STAR POWER MORE THAN his physical prowess in my opinion. Not saying Tebow has no physical skill. The guy threw a, what, 70-yarder, against the Steelers?
But a football player who doesn't devote his life to MMA doesn't deserve to train with the Gracies when a guy who worked his whole life on training with the Gracies gets told no.

Who got told no? You keep mentioning that, but haven't been specific about who it was.

Post #24   7/7/12 3:16:46PM   

TKDMichael

Learning to Sprawl

TKDMichael Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Who got told no? You keep mentioning that, but haven't been specific about who it was.

Many people, nobody in particular.

Post #25   7/8/12 1:45:15PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:804-509
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #26   7/9/12 3:30:03AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:804-509
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Also, Sanchez sucks. Don't be surpised if Tebow takes that gig from him. I'm a USC guy and even I recognize that Sanchez has actually gotten worse, not better.

Post #27   7/9/12 3:31:33AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2