Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

After setbacks, UFC 148's Rafaello Oliveira plans to make good on second UFC stint

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Rafaello Oliveira's record outside the UFC is good. Great, in fact. But in the UFC, he's staggered.

Although he's 0-2 in his second octagon stint and faces a likely pink slip with a loss to Yoislandy Izquierdo (6-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at Saturday's UFC 148 event, Oliveira (14-5 MMA, 1-4 UFC) doesn't seem the least bit worried.

"I'm really grateful to be back in the UFC, and I plan to stay here," Oliveira told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I want to be champion in the UFC one day. That's my dream."

Oliveira vs. Izquierdo is part of the FX-televised prelims of UFC 148, which takes place Saturday at MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. Main-card fights air on pay-per-view.

Oliveira's back has already been against the wall. He left the UFC with a lackluster 1-2 record that was capped by a unanimous-decision loss to Andre Winner at UFC Fight Night 21. But when he went back to the drawing board, he said he didn't panic about getting re-signed by the promotion.

Link

Post #1   7/5/12 11:12:46PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,295-688
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well I hope he turns it around come Saturday because I went with him on this one. This should be a dandy of a facebook prelim and really pretty much a tossup. With an Oliveira loss he could be out of the the UFC.

There are so many legit tossups saturday in general. Bad for us PG members picking these fights but great competitive matchups for our viewing pleasure with only a couple of easy matchups to pick.

Post #2   7/5/12 11:41:55PM