Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 148's Patrick Cote back in UFC to go after another shot at middleweight belt

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Patrick Cote was released from the UFC after three consecutive losses from 2008 to 2010.

But he never left the octagon, at least mentally.

"It wasn't like they fired me because they didn't like me or something," Cote (17-7 MMA, 4-7 UFC) said in advance of his bout with Cung Le (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 148. "They fired me because they had a business to run and I lost three in a row. That's all.

"But I had to prove it – my place in the UFC – and that's what I did in my last four fights."

After racking up a five-fight win streak, the heavy-handed Cote fought champ Anderson Silva for the title at UFC 90 and lost when he blew his knee out in the third round. A submission loss to Alan Belcher at UFC 113 and decision loss to Tom Lawlor at UFC 121 preceded his pink slip.

Cote actually still had a job with the promotion after he was released from his fight contract. He served as a commentator for the French-language broadcast team. But as good as it was to be near the action, he couldn't be in it.

Link

Post #1   7/5/12 11:06:10PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,162-1,476
Chips:
Cote is my all time favorite fighter but by no means am I biased. If Cote wants another crack at the title he had better hope that the UFC matches him up against a few guys with average ground skills. Cote has issues with real good wrestlers and real good submission guys. I hope Patrick has upped his ground game because if he hasn't he might not get that 2nd title shot. Cote need to avoid the grappling and wrestling and knock people the F*ck out! WAR COTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #2   7/6/12 2:52:46PM