Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

There might be some guy beside Silva and Sonnen at UFC 148

Print  
Posted By Message

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:860-612
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
I am as excited as anyone for Silva vs Sonnen, but I am extremely surprised how much this fight has over shadowed the rest of the card. I feel any of these fights could make any ppv event. Seriously there are so many good fights I can not remember the last time I was this pumped for Saturday night. I know I will be watching every bout that evening!

Post #1   7/4/12 2:52:05AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,565-951
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
There are some good bouts lined up this weekend. I had to look them up though just to remember who was fighting. I will never bash a card, because the UFC always delivers. However, Silva-Sonnen II is the only fight that would begin to warrant this card's status as a PPV, in my opinion.

Griffin-Ortiz III, while it should be entertaining, is just a nostalgia match. Izqueirdo vs. Oliveira is Facebook quality. Mendes-McKenzie makes no sense. Maia-Kim doesn't exactly scream excitement; I am praying for a Maia sub. Guillard-Camoes is supposed to be a tune up for "The Young Assassin".... I could go on, but I won't. I am still very excited for the card. I will be ordering it with the fellows, and I'll probably be entertained all night. And I know there isn't much that can be done, especially with all the injuries, but I just want a little more out of a PPV. (no interim titles either )

Last edited 7/4/12 4:57AM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/4/12 4:55:33AM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,860-1,161
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Franklin faber and Barao being pulled kept it from being the best card ever on paper.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   7/4/12 6:53:25AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-309
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Franklin faber and Barao being pulled kept it from being the best card ever on paper.

Don't forget Cruz the GOAT of BW.

Gleison Tibau vs. Khabib is main card material that's the second most anticipated fight for me. Tibau has i think 10-15 fights in the UFC and is only 28 years old, Entering his prime I think he can do some serious rattling.

Also looking forward to Philippou going against a guy who has a grappling advantage. I have liked Philippou since his Tuf debut even though he lost. War Ninja Turtle Gym!

Seeing Melvin get a sick KO would be fun as well.

Lot's of great match-ups solid card, maybe the best of 2012 so far in entertainment value.

Post #4   7/4/12 3:55:55PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
It's a good card, but I wouldn't go as far as to call this the one of the best cards ever. A lot of these fights are good, but much of it is based on our expectations of what WE think will happen. As much as many of these fights have the potential to be amazing, there's some serious chances for some duds on this card.

Post #5   7/4/12 4:24:23PM