Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White's one Fedor Emelianenko regret? No UFC fight with Brock Lesnar

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Fedor is a world champion Sambo practitioner . Im almost positive he would have gotten back to his feet

Post #16   7/5/12 3:24:23PM   

TKDMichael

Learning to Sprawl

TKDMichael Avatar

Career:37-26
Chips:
Who cares about Brock Lesnar? He sold out of the UFC to return to the WWE where he stayed for about a month before quitting for some SummerSlam Triple H fight, two lawsuits, and legal drama.
The guy has too many health problems.

Post #17   7/5/12 9:09:07PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

Posted by Bubbles

sorry but Brock has no where near the top game that Bigfoot does. Brock would not be able to pass guard, let alone mount Fedor, without getting armbarred

Mir has a pretty solid defense from his back too, but that's kind of irrelevant. The point is that Fedor not fighting Brock (or any other top 5 UFC HW) really leaves a giant ? in the air. The blame regarding that falls entirely on M-1. I have my opinions about who Fedor would or wouldn't beat both in his prime and now, but none of them can be substantiated because M-1 refused to do the largest UFC deal in history because they weren't allowed to co-promote.

There is no "?". Thats a ridiculous thing to say.

Just because he didn't fight top guys at the END OF HIS CAREER doesn't mean you can't judge based on his fights in PRIDE, which were almost all against top guys.

Post #18   7/5/12 10:26:10PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by jlock003

Posted by Bubbles

sorry but Brock has no where near the top game that Bigfoot does. Brock would not be able to pass guard, let alone mount Fedor, without getting armbarred

Mir has a pretty solid defense from his back too, but that's kind of irrelevant. The point is that Fedor not fighting Brock (or any other top 5 UFC HW) really leaves a giant ? in the air. The blame regarding that falls entirely on M-1. I have my opinions about who Fedor would or wouldn't beat both in his prime and now, but none of them can be substantiated because M-1 refused to do the largest UFC deal in history because they weren't allowed to co-promote.

There is no "?". Thats a ridiculous thing to say.

Just because he didn't fight top guys at the END OF HIS CAREER doesn't mean you can't judge based on his fights in PRIDE, which were almost all against top guys.

Here we go again. There is absolutely a question mark. Not regarding Fedor's greatness in Pride or whether or not he was the best heavyweight in the world at that time as those are sealed, but to say there is no question mark regarding hypothetical fights against the top 5 guys of the past 5 years is absurd.

Post #19   7/5/12 11:08:20PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Is a hypothetical fight really that hard to conceptualize? Do we really need the fight to actually happen to get a general conception of how the fight would go?

Shit, there's many times where the way a fight went down isn't the way it would go down the majority of the time, and fights that are coinflip fights no matter how many times it goes down. Facts and data are far overvalued in determining how fighters match up with other fighters, as they're completely removed from the fight itself and dont tell you anything about how the fight went down other than the result.

So when i hear, we don't know because it didn't happen. Well yeah, duh, obviously. But you don't need to know to get a good understanding. And any topic like this isn't about knowing anyway, as its a hypothetical question. It's about your point of view. Your understanding of the sport, your observations of fighters, your ability to identify patterns.

Last edited 7/5/12 11:38PM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   7/5/12 11:35:20PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Is a hypothetical fight really that hard to conceptualize? Do we really need the fight to actually happen to get a general conception of how the fight would go?

Shit, there's many times where the way a fight went down isn't the way it would go down the majority of the time, and fights that are coinflip fights no matter how many times it goes down. Facts and data are far overvalued in determining how fighters match up with other fighters, as they're completely removed from the fight itself and dont tell you anything about how the fight went down other than the result.

So when i hear, we don't know because it didn't happen. Well yeah, duh, obviously. But you don't need to know to get a good understanding. And any topic like this isn't about knowing anyway, as its a hypothetical question. It's about your point of view. Your understanding of the sport, your observations of fighters, your ability to identify patterns.

Who did the majority of mma fans conceptualize winning this fight? I'm standing beside an idea that it is sad that we never got to see the fights not even that Fedor would have lost. I think he would have lost several of those fights but that's not my point. My point is that we got robbed by not being able to see them happen.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #21   7/5/12 11:44:08PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2