Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St. Pierre: 'Chael Sonnen wants to get into Anderson Silva's head and he did it'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,085-564
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Yeah...and supposedly Rashad was in Jon Jones' head going into their title fight. How'd that work out for Rashad?

If you ask me, I think Sonnen was more in Silva's head for the last fight more-so than this one. To the extent that Anderson went through hell to preserve the authenticity of having a Nogueira black belt.

I think this time around Silva is in Sonnen's head. Sonnen now knows that Silva can take all of his best shots for 5 rounds and still beat him. But he isn't even going to come close to that this time around.

I still don't think that counting on another fighter to make a mistake, no matter how many times they've made it in the past, is the best way to approach something. Anderson NEEDED Chael to make a mistake. Chael didn't need to do anything more than he already was. Odds favor Sonnen.

I agree with you. It was a terrible approach to a fight. But lets give credit where credit is due here. Sonnen didn't just magiclly find himself in a triangle due to osmosis. Anderson CREATED the opportunity by landing the last significant strike of the fight. It was a straight right hand that instantly put Chael on the defensive despite being in top position, which enabled Silva to obtain wrist control leading him to getting his leg in position to lock up the triangle.

You stated the odds favor Sonnen? How confident are you in those odds? Confident enough for a 2 week avatar bet?

Post #16   7/4/12 1:16:29AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Yeah...and supposedly Rashad was in Jon Jones' head going into their title fight. How'd that work out for Rashad?

If you ask me, I think Sonnen was more in Silva's head for the last fight more-so than this one. To the extent that Anderson went through hell to preserve the authenticity of having a Nogueira black belt.

I think this time around Silva is in Sonnen's head. Sonnen now knows that Silva can take all of his best shots for 5 rounds and still beat him. But he isn't even going to come close to that this time around.

I still don't think that counting on another fighter to make a mistake, no matter how many times they've made it in the past, is the best way to approach something. Anderson NEEDED Chael to make a mistake. Chael didn't need to do anything more than he already was. Odds favor Sonnen.

I agree with you. It was a terrible approach to a fight. But lets give credit where credit is due here. Sonnen didn't just magiclly find himself in a triangle due to osmosis. Anderson CREATED the opportunity by landing the last significant strike of the fight. It was a straight right hand that instantly put Chael on the defensive despite being in top position, which enabled Silva to obtain wrist control leading him to getting his leg in position to lock up the triangle.

You stated the odds favor Sonnen? How confident are you in those odds? Confident enough for a 2 week avatar bet?

Post #17   7/4/12 1:32:16AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Chips:

I

Come on man....I'm probably one of the biggest Silva fans on the playground and even I don't buy that.

Do you really think Anderson would intentionally let himself get taken down over and over? It looked to me like he was doing everything he could stay standing.

I give Chael credit for an impressive performance. I also thought that he was very humble in defeat immediately after the fight. Where Chael lost me was in the non stop trash talking and when he acted like he still won the fight (calling himself the champ is just pathetic. He lost in front of the whole world.)

Listen to his post fight comments from the first fight. He says "It was a tough fight, he was a tough guy, I came in second. There's nothing I can say. They gave me my opportunity and I came up short....I got the silver medal."

If he'd kept that attitude he would have kept me as a fan.

Last edited 7/4/12 2:44AM server time by bjj1605
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   7/4/12 2:43:41AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

If he'd kept that attitude he would have kept me as a fan.

So much THIS it makes me sick

Post #19   7/4/12 2:53:57AM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,085-564
Chips:
[I

Do you really think Anderson would intentionally let himself get taken down over and over? It looked to me like he was doing everything he could stay standing.

Yes I do. How many times did he try to sprawl? How many times did he try to use the cage to wall-walk back to his feet? Hell, he even took Sonnen down to the mat a couple times during the fight. Silva did not do "everything he could" to stay standing.

Post #20   7/4/12 3:19:48AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

[I

Yes I do. How many times did he try to sprawl? How many times did he try to use the cage to wall-walk back to his feet? Hell, he even took Sonnen down to the mat a couple times during the fight. Silva did not do "everything he could" to stay standing.

I was trying to respond from my mobile phone earlier and I began having problems.

Anyhow. Please don't be offended by this, but I am going to decline your AV bet. It has nothing to do with my confidence level, the points you made, or anything to do with you. It merely lies with the fact that you're far from a regular poster and I have over 6,000 posts. I post in two weeks what you have posted in a year. You don't post enough to make the bet equal for both parties. There's far more in it for you, if you win, than there is for me, if I win.

Last edited 7/4/12 3:41AM server time by BlueSkiesBurn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   7/4/12 3:40:41AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2