Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Any Nutrtionist on here?

Print  
Posted By Message

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Hey guys i was just wondering if any of you guys were nutritionist or know alot about it. As of right now im eating very little to try and cut out some body fat.

Breakfast-usually protein shake

1 scoop
250ml of 1%milk
1 banana
handfull of strawberries and handfull of blueberries
-blend together then thats breakfasts

Lunch-varys but usually salad mixed with cut up vegetables

cut up apples
cut up cucumber
cut up mushrooms
cut up onions
its about a cup each

Supper-again varys the past two nights have been spagetti but mostly i eat

grilled chicken strips
vegetables etc.

I try not to snack to much during the day time but if i do its usually healthy

I currently workout for about an hour and half each day which includes 40 min of cardio as well as weight training. And Im not seeing the results I would like to see my fat is in my stomach and chest.

If theres anything that you could help me with whether it be food or training i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Post #1   7/3/12 6:27:59PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm neither a nutritionist nor an "expert", but I do know a little based on personal experience. And I have had some personal trainer/nutritionist friends, so I remember a bit from them. But don't take my word as gospel.

If you are trying to lean up while cutting fat, eliminating the pasta will help a lot. If you are looking to "cultivate mass" as Mac would say, pasta will be your friend. It sounds like your diet is sound besides that, lots of greens and protein. That's how you want it!

Make sure you get that potassium cracking as well, that is key for recovery. I try to take in a lot of protein and potassium in the 15-30 minute window after my workout. As far as snacking goes, if it's healthy it won't hurt. I like low/no fat yogurts. Eating more times a day but in smaller portions can eventually help to speed up your metabolism.

Post #2   7/3/12 6:54:52PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
ugh, who knows what kind of rabbit hole this may send your thread down, but what the hell...

Have you ever heard of the paleo diet? Long and short it's a low carb diet. It focuses on eliminating grains, dairy, and legumes. The gist of it is simple- we as homosapiens throughout evolution (until the point of the agricultural revolution at least) had a very simple diet which consist of meats, fats, seasonal fruits, veggies, some limited root plants (potato for example) and nuts. Hence our bodies have evolved to run on this fuel.

You've maybe heard the term "caveman diet". I can't possibly give proper justice to the health benefits of this diet because I'm far from an expert. Consider checking out The Paleo Solution. The author also has a web site with some helpful info at http://robbwolf.com/.

Post #3   7/4/12 12:31:45AM   

RJPalaMMA

Learning to Sprawl

Career:56-41
Chips:
I'm not a expert but I've experience in nutrition, I'm not a bodybuilder but I like bodybuilding. I've gained 10kg over the past few months. Your body is a machine, it has needs. I don't like the phrase "diet" because losing and gaining weight is way more simple than what people tell you.

Don't eat "very little", find out what you need and then deduct about 500 calories from that, use this:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Losing weight is all about calories in and calories out but if you want to do it the healthy way and keep as much of your muscle mass then eating the right foods will help.

Post #4   10/19/12 11:44:21AM