Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen calls Wanderlei an invalid, Belfort a chicken

Print  
Posted By Message

Card

MMA Regular

Card Avatar

Career:1,220-626
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
It's barely noon on Monday of the biggest week of his professional life, but Chael Sonnen is already clicking on all cylinders.

"Vitor Belfort pulls out of more fights than he agrees to," Sonnen said. "He's fantastic, but he's such a chicken and he's such a liar. To say you're going to fight, to sell tickets, to sign your name, to film the TV show, and then to pull out? Against an invalid? That's insane. It's shocking they're able to say that with a straight face. My opinion of Wanderlei is constantly evolving, because as atrocious as he is skills-wise, he shows up and fights. He goes hard in spite of the lack of talent and gives the fans his best."

"Brazil would have been a good neutral territory," Sonnen said. "Most of those fighters live here. Anderson lives in Beverly Hills, in a two-million-dollar mansion. He left those Brazilians just as soon as Wanderlei and Vitor did. They go back anytime they can reach into those guys' pockets, but the reality is they're Americans, they got rich in America, they pay taxes in America, they got famous in America, they're employed by an American company, those guys are Americans. His plane fight from Beverly Hills to Las Vegas is shorter than my ride from West Linn, Ore. So good for Anderson for getting it moved to his home turf."

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/7/2/3133630/chael-sonnens-mouth-in-prime-form-as-ufc-148-approaches

Post #1   7/3/12 12:10:25PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jesus Chael, just shut the Fuck up already . We get it, you hate Brazilians and your smarter than 100% of the world. you sound like a women scorned. Belfort's hand was broken dude, what do you want him to do? Fight with it broken? He never would have been cleared

Last edited 7/3/12 12:49PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   7/3/12 12:45:27PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
I hope anderson nearly retires this guy. only to have belfort fight him and knock him out!.... Then he retires.

Post #3   7/3/12 1:16:06PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I actually really enjoyed this part:

Anderson lives in Beverly Hills, in a two-million-dollar mansion. He left those Brazilians just as soon as Wanderlei and Vitor did. They go back anytime they can reach into those guys' pockets, but the reality is they're Americans, they got rich in America, they pay taxes in America, they got famous in America, they're employed by an American company, those guys are Americans.

That is some grade A trash talking! I can't wait for Saturday

Post #4   7/3/12 1:18:29PM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,059-615
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I guess its a good way to set up some immediate fights, win or lose on Sunday. He could get Belfort if he wins, Wanderlei if he loses and little Nog if he decides he doesnt want to cut weight anymore. Then of course there are a ton of up and coming, 2nd tier Brazilians that probably would like a shot at Chael as a way to make a name for themselves and move up on the ladder.

Personally, I think Chael would work any of those not named Anderson Silva, and to be honest, I actually think he has a good shot at winning on Saturday. The smart money is Silva, but there is definitely a chance for an upset.

Post #5   7/3/12 2:01:44PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson
I guess its a good way to set up some immediate fights, win or lose on Sunday.

Exactly. What if Sonnen wins Saturday? Who will he fight? Maybe a top contender with a dislike for the new champion. Belfort fits that description. What a coincidence.

What if he loses Saturday? Who will he fight? Maybe a big name MW with a dislike for Sonnen. W. Silva fits that description. What a coincidence.

Seems to me Sonnen is setting up future matches and sending the hype train out of the station well ahead of time. Maybe Sonnen does not use the most commendable methods to hype fights, but they are effective.

Post #6   7/3/12 3:49:46PM   

BigCountryFedor

Banned for Cheating

BigCountryFedor Avatar

Career:653-352
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Post #7   7/3/12 5:32:46PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I laughed, as usual. Chael's one of the best comics in MMA.

Post #8   7/3/12 6:28:34PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by BigCountryFedor

You don't know what sarcasm is do you? Chael totally owned Vanderlay in the car on that joyous ride.....what was Vanderlay gonna do that day, hit Chael with his crutch?

Post #9   7/3/12 7:09:07PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

You don't know what sarcasm is do you? Chael totally owned Vanderlay in the car on that joyous ride.....what was Vanderlay gonna do that day, hit Chael with his crutch?

Here's the Vid of that car ride...

I would say Chael dropped his sack bigtime. It's kinda sad really, he seems respectful and like he does not really mean any of the trash talk. I would like Sonnen more if he could admit he says stuff he does not truly believe just to hype fights.

Post #10   7/3/12 8:48:44PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by meier

I hope anderson nearly retires this guy. only to have belfort fight him and knock him out!.... Then he retires.

meier, what is up with your avatar? I'm not sure if you are joking, or actually bonkers

Post #11   7/4/12 12:33:21AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Here's the Vid of that car ride...

I would say Chael dropped his sack bigtime. It's kinda sad really, he seems respectful and like he does not really mean any of the trash talk. I would like Sonnen more if he could admit he says stuff he does not truly believe just to hype fights.

That's pretty funny but at the same time Sonnen was actually showing that respect that Wanderlei was talking about. Chael isn't the anti-christ but i do believe that he doesn't like Anderson so he doesn't get his respect.

*I wouldn't be talking shit back with Wanderlei sitting right behind me either

Post #12   7/4/12 12:40:35AM   

hymiekooken

MMA Regular

hymiekooken Avatar

Career:162-131
Chips:
Would love to see Vitor score a highlight reel ko on Sonnen if they ever fought.....But for now looking forward to saturday

Post #13   7/4/12 10:09:56AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I cant describe how sick of this guy i am

Post #14   7/4/12 11:42:34AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785