Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

NEW LHW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
I like how Quin beat Chuck at his own game...instead of chasing and being the aggressor like most of chuck's previous opponents, Rampage remained patient and even taunted chuck to attack a few times. I almost thought Quin got psyched out in the beginning before the formal intros inside the octagon...saw Quin look at chuck then look down and away...but then when they stood toe to toe for the mad dog staredown I knew chuck was in trouble.....

Train hard, Chuck...let's make that rubber match happen

Last edited 5/27/07 3:21PM server time by rampage_soldier
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #46   5/27/07 3:19:45PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Chuck really didnt do ANYTHING wrong in this fight...it just happened to be that Quinton had his gameplan and his range tuned in perfectly...and i dont think for one minute Chuck thought Rampage would be so quick with the hands. Big John stopped the fight accordingly. Chuck was out cold for maybe a second. You can see his arms go limp after Rampage gets him on the ground. The initial right stunned him but didnt knock him out then when Rampage reigned down the hands Chuck went OUT. There was no recovery.

Chuck did do something very wrong. It is like first day kick boxing that you circle to your opponent's lead hand, and not his power hand. Chuck made a rookie mistake, and paid dearly for it. To anyone that is just starting in MMA or kick boxing this why your teacher sais circle away from your opponent, and if you see someone circling to your power hand throw that hook.

chuck COULDNT circle to the outside. Rampage just kept cutting him to where Liddell wouldve just stepped right into the octagon. If he cant go one way hes got to go the other way, which just happened to be Rampages strong side.

is it just me or does anyone else hate when rampage is bald? he looks weird....

Last edited 5/27/07 3:50PM server time by MKIV9secsupra

Post #47   5/27/07 3:49:14PM   

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Chuck really didnt do ANYTHING wrong in this fight...it just happened to be that Quinton had his gameplan and his range tuned in perfectly...and i dont think for one minute Chuck thought Rampage would be so quick with the hands. Big John stopped the fight accordingly. Chuck was out cold for maybe a second. You can see his arms go limp after Rampage gets him on the ground. The initial right stunned him but didnt knock him out then when Rampage reigned down the hands Chuck went OUT. There was no recovery.

My buddies even saw Chuck asking Hacleman in the corner, you could see his lips,..."What the **** happend?". It was classic. I hope all the Chuck fans dont ruin Rampages win buy saying it was stopped prematurely. Big John has been doing this for a long time. So, I think he knows when someone is KTFO, i.e. Chuck. Maybe people will realize that Chucks competition of late, has been sub par. Speaking of that, Tito needs to be taken out of the "Top 10". Rampage will now have the toughest titel defenses in LHW history:

1. Dan Henderson
2. Shogun
3. Soko
4. Wandy
5. Vera (I heard he is dropping to LHW).

To say the least the LHW div is just HW now.

BTW, I am not betting against Karo again. He looked very good in his fight. Needs a little more punching power, but he still looked good.

Post #48   5/27/07 3:55:59PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
I watched the replay again today and it only took him 3 punches!!! Guys, i am still shaking!! RAMPAGE... WOOOOH AAWOOOOOOOHHH

Post #49   5/27/07 7:17:58PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:

Posted by Junior24

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

My buddies even saw Chuck asking Hacleman in the corner, you could see his lips,..."What the **** happend?". It was classic. I hope all the Chuck fans dont ruin Rampages win buy saying it was stopped prematurely. Big John has been doing this for a long time. So, I think he knows when someone is KTFO, i.e. Chuck. Maybe people will realize that Chucks competition of late, has been sub par. Speaking of that, Tito needs to be taken out of the "Top 10". Rampage will now have the toughest titel defenses in LHW history:

1. Dan Henderson
2. Shogun
3. Soko
4. Wandy

BTW, I am not betting against Karo again. He looked very good in his fight. Needs a little more punching power, but he still looked good.

One loss and you take chuck out of the top 5, henderson wins one fight at light heavy and youv got him at number 1? are you serius?

Post #50   5/27/07 7:25:08PM   

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:

Posted by skiba97

Posted by Junior24

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

1. Dan Henderson
2. Shogun
3. Soko
4. Wandy

One loss and you take chuck out of the top 5, henderson wins one fight at light heavy and youv got him at number 1? are you serius?

I have never had consider Chuck as one of the top LHW's. Hando took Wandy to decision as a MW and then gained some weight and beat Wandy. I've always said that Chuck's competition has been week, except for Randy. Do you really believe Chuck is a better than these 5? Rampage's last three losses were against Wandy and Shogun. Soko just beat 2 top 5 LHW's. Vera was a legitiment HW and now drops just a few pounds and he is a huge LHW. I honestly blv Shogun and Hendo are equal. Beating Tito, Babalu, and Horn doesnt make someone the greatest LHW, thats absurd. Chuck is the best of the worst and worst of the best.

BTW Tiger White doesnt count either and that is the order of title defenses for Rampage. Dana already said Hendo as the first shot.

Chucks ability and many of the UFC's LHW's are showing their true colors. Ala Kieth Jardine.

Last edited 5/27/07 10:03PM server time by junior24

Post #51   5/27/07 10:02:46PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
so happy about this, i have been uncertain who would win this from the day it was announced but i just had this feeling in my heart it would be rampage and i wanted him to win and he did it in style

Post #52   5/28/07 10:45:20AM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
i picked rampage but i was uncertian wheni did , i didn't like how he looked in his first ufc fight, but damn he wooped his ass bad , chuck got dropped hard.

the only thing that pissed me off was the fans , how can you BOO a guy like rampage, he is funny, great fighter and look at how he loves his fans.... he jumped into the crowd and signed autographs......

i always like rampage for being exciting now that he is a champ he will get the respect he deserves

Post #53   5/28/07 4:31:34PM   

Spiderman

MMA Regular

Spiderman Avatar

Career:72-42
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Go get some boxing lessons . The first the will teach you is your stance with your feet then KEEP YOUR HANDS UP when you punch BRING YOUR HANDS BACK . Chuck threw a left to the body and just left his hand out there while sticking his chin out . Hard to believe he could do more things wrong but he moved to the left [ the hand that he had hanging down at his waste , didnt even have his shoulder up chin sticking out ] and went right into Rampages right hand .

Post #54   5/28/07 4:49:37PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Spiderman

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Go get some boxing lessons . The first the will teach you is your stance with your feet then KEEP YOUR HANDS UP when you punch BRING YOUR HANDS BACK . Chuck threw a left to the body and just left his hand out there while sticking his chin out . Hard to believe he could do more things wrong but he moved to the left [ the hand that he had hanging down at his waste , didnt even have his shoulder up chin sticking out ] and went right into Rampages right hand .

um i am a boxer.........Chuck was bringing his hand back up but as he was doing that he was stepping out of quinton's range!!! Rampage's arm was at FULL EXTENSION so Chuck thought he would have enough room. Chuck wasnt ready for jackson to have his range and speed tuned in so well.

HOW IN THE HELL DID CHUCK MOVE INTO RAMPAGE'S FIST?! HE WAS STEPPING BACK!!!! WHY DONT YOU PAY ATTENTION

Post #55   5/28/07 6:37:47PM   

Spiderman

MMA Regular

Spiderman Avatar

Career:72-42
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Spiderman

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

um i am a boxer.........Chuck was bringing his hand back up but as he was doing that he was stepping out of quinton's range!!! Rampage's arm was at FULL EXTENSION so Chuck thought he would have enough room. Chuck wasnt ready for jackson to have his range and speed tuned in so well.

HOW IN THE HELL DID CHUCK MOVE INTO RAMPAGE'S FIST?! HE WAS STEPPING BACK!!!! WHY DONT YOU PAY ATTENTION

No need to get pissy ! and please no need to shout .

Chuck did not bring his hand back up , he lazyilly left it hanging out there . He didnt have his chin tucked away , instead he had it sticking out .
" How did he move into Rampage's fist ? " he didnt just move back , he moved to his left [ Rampages right ] Rampage dosent have a long reach , and his arm wasnt fully extened like you say , it was a looping fight hook , not a straight right , and it wasnt a extremely fast counter either .

Sorry but your boy made a real bad amatuer mistake , looked real bad and payed for it .

check the pic at the top of the page , that isnt bringing your hand back up and it isnt getting out of range either .

PS You should find a new boxing trainer/ gym

Last edited 5/28/07 11:12PM server time by spiderman
8 total post edits

Post #56   5/28/07 10:57:38PM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
I just noticed big bad Dana White watching the TV monitor while seated at RINGSIDE! (to the right of Chuck's midsection) I've seen him do this before at previous PPV's....I'm thinking he wants to see what the PPV fans are seeing...business before pleasure with Dana

Posted by Spiderman

check the pic at the top of the page , that isnt bringing your hand back up and it isnt getting out of range either .

Post #57   5/29/07 2:23:49PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by Buddharox

I love Rampage.

I hope he gets to hold onto it for a while before fighting Shogun though. I can't see Hendo beating Rampage.

Hendo beat Wanderlei who destroyed Rampage twice...I know it is about styles but I think Hendo will quickly KO Rampage.

Silva beat up on Henderson before too. What's your point. New fan?

Post #58   5/29/07 2:41:14PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
basically as proved by the last few ufc's you cant go on previous form, previous fights etc etc, its all about on the night

Post #59   5/29/07 2:45:26PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4