Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

NEW LHW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Believe-in-judo81

Standup Guy

Believe-in-judo81 Avatar

Career:288-153
Chips:
Fight went more or less how I expected it to, except Quinton ended it way early(I thought it would hit the 3rd or 4th), and Chuck was about useless and looked very off. I was expecting him to put up tough resistance early, but he just didn't come with it. Ah well, there's always his next fight. GL to both Guys and I hopt 'Page keeps the strap for a while to come.

Post #31   5/27/07 4:00:18AM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
Great fights...Congrats to Quinton!

Post #32   5/27/07 4:01:37AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Apparently Quinton was injured before that fight with Shogun. I don't think the next match will be so lopsided.

Post #33   5/27/07 4:12:51AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Northrend

Share the Cheddah?

Damn Werdum lost me SOO much money.

You and me both.

I made it back and then some tonight though. It pays to bet on the underdogs sometimes. Thanks Belcher and Alexander!

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #34   5/27/07 4:41:20AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
WTF i cant believe this happened, WAR rampage you are the man now at 205, please hold the belt for a long time and make the nonbelievers believe. hendo vs page=fight of the year....cant wait

Post #35   5/27/07 5:49:30AM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Man you could tell chuck did not want to fight quinton, I mean Jackson just stalked him and cut him off, he had completely psyched chuck out.

about time Jackson got himself a title, he's going to be such a kickass champ.

Post #36   5/27/07 6:32:08AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Shouldn't these threads be posted in the spoilers forum at least for the first couple days after the event.

As for the fight, I saw it going either way.

I bet that Chuck would win, so for the sake of points and $$$, I wanted him to win. However, it was nice that Jackson won in order to shake up the division a little. So I guess I would've won either way with this fight, but in a way I didn't.....

I thought the fight was called a little early. For a title fight like this, I think Big John should've waited for a few more seconds before he jumped in. These guys are veterans and deserve to be given a few extra seconds. This fight had the potential to be a great war and will now have this controversy undermining it.

Post #37   5/27/07 9:31:18AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Shouldn't these threads be posted in the spoilers forum at least for the first couple days after the event.

As for the fight, I saw it going either way.

I bet that Chuck would win, so for the sake of points and $$$, I wanted him to win. However, it was nice that Jackson won in order to shake up the division a little. So I guess I would've won either way with this fight, but in a way I didn't.....

I thought the fight was called a little early. For a title fight like this, I think Big John should've waited for a few more seconds before he jumped in. These guys are veterans and deserve to be given a few extra seconds. This fight had the potential to be a great war and will now have this controversy undermining it.

I think most people who saw the fight can agree that although Big John could have let it go, there is almost no doubt that it would have ended the same way. Liddell was cleary out of it and coming back from that big ofa hit while still being hit in the face is basically impossible.

Post #38   5/27/07 12:46:25PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:
I would've given Chuck a 20-30% chance of recovering. It's small, but the fact that it exists, I still would've liked to see the fight end with no possibility for controversy.

Post #39   5/27/07 1:20:12PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

I would've given Chuck a 20-30% chance of recovering. It's small, but the fact that it exists, I still would've liked to see the fight end with no possibility for controversy.

Nice percentages based on nothing. In my mind there is no controversy except for those still in disbelief because their fighter got put down.

Post #40   5/27/07 1:23:38PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
YYEEEEEAAAAHHH FINALLY!!!!!!

Post #41   5/27/07 1:24:32PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Nice percentages based on nothing. In my mind there is no controversy except for those still in disbelief because their fighter got put down.

Based on nothing? The guy jumped up right after Big John tackled him.If he was so rocked how did he do that. In addition, I don't even think his head hit the mat when he fell. I think it was a flash knock out.

And if you think Chuck is 'my fighter' you should read my first post in this thread. I may have picked him to win, but I really wasn't cheering for either fighter in this match.

Post #42   5/27/07 1:29:04PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Chuck really didnt do ANYTHING wrong in this fight...it just happened to be that Quinton had his gameplan and his range tuned in perfectly...and i dont think for one minute Chuck thought Rampage would be so quick with the hands. Big John stopped the fight accordingly. Chuck was out cold for maybe a second. You can see his arms go limp after Rampage gets him on the ground. The initial right stunned him but didnt knock him out then when Rampage reigned down the hands Chuck went OUT. There was no recovery.

Post #43   5/27/07 2:32:16PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Based on nothing? The guy jumped up right after Big John tackled him.If he was so rocked how did he do that. In addition, I don't even think his head hit the mat when he fell. I think it was a flash knock out.

Big John stopped the fight because Rampage hit him several times with no response, Chuck was more then just rocked, he laid there like a log while Ramapage just pounded the crap outta him, The only thing that keept Chuck awake was pure adrenaline it was a good call, Chuck might have gotten hurt bad if the fight went on after that

Post #44   5/27/07 2:52:18PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Chuck really didnt do ANYTHING wrong in this fight...it just happened to be that Quinton had his gameplan and his range tuned in perfectly...and i dont think for one minute Chuck thought Rampage would be so quick with the hands. Big John stopped the fight accordingly. Chuck was out cold for maybe a second. You can see his arms go limp after Rampage gets him on the ground. The initial right stunned him but didnt knock him out then when Rampage reigned down the hands Chuck went OUT. There was no recovery.

Chuck did do something very wrong. It is like first day kick boxing that you circle to your opponent's lead hand, and not his power hand. Chuck made a rookie mistake, and paid dearly for it. To anyone that is just starting in MMA or kick boxing this why your teacher sais circle away from your opponent, and if you see someone circling to your power hand throw that hook.

To those that think there is controversy you are crazy. It is very clear in the rules if you don't protect your self they will stop the fight. After Chuck went down he didn't even put up his hands to guard his head. When a fighter goes limp, and the opponent has him mounted the ref has to jump in.

PS I jumped from like 2200 in the money standings to 181 from this fight.

Last edited 5/27/07 3:03PM server time by johny_rotten
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #45   5/27/07 3:02:51PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4