Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sonnen reveals source of anger toward Silva

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The dislike that top UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen feels toward titleholder Anderson Silva did not begin during the months leading to their first battle in August 2010.

It started much earlier.

Sonnen told ESPN.com this week the reason for his hostility toward Silva, and surprisingly, another high-profile Brazilian fighter.

“Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva, who have had me p---ed off for years, have gone around and tried to bully people,” Sonnen said. “That stuff doesn’t work with me.

“The buck stops here.” Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #1   6/30/12 6:53:59PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:474-286
Chips:
You just cannot intimidate a Team Quest member.

Post #2   6/30/12 7:28:25PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

You just cannot intimidate a Team Quest member.

The 1 upper

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #3   6/30/12 7:46:06PM   

Card

MMA Regular

Card Avatar

Career:1,137-595
Chips:

Post #4   6/30/12 10:05:15PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Chips:
Didn't he have something against Filho when they fought? Add in Machida and Nog and I think he just hates Brazilians.

Post #5   6/30/12 10:12:55PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Chael can eat 5 of Annie's face-kicks before breakfast and laugh it off.

Then.......have a glass of Macheetah piss and stomp him out before lunch, while at the same time the Nog Bros feed another bus another carrot to top it off.

While the Brazilian nation watches it on the one TV they have.

Last edited 6/30/12 10:42PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   6/30/12 10:41:14PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I thought the source of his anger was a desire for attention and ratings? I don't think I require an etymology for his big mouth, but I suppose this is news.

Post #7   6/30/12 11:23:48PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

I thought the source of his anger was a desire for attention and ratings? I don't think I require an etymology for his big mouth, but I suppose this is news.

I dont think it is news. I think you had it right to begin with. People should stop listening to the crap Sonnen spews on a daily basis. I thik he beats Anderson, but I cant wait until someone beats his head in badly. I think the first person to stuff all his takedowns slaughters him. I cant wait. I wouldnt mind seeing hi win and move up to figth Jones lol

Post #8   7/1/12 12:15:09AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Anderson and Wandy are bullies?? Maybe in the sense that they beat people up??

Chael never beats anyone up (it's more like a long and uncomfortable hug) but he's the real bully.

This guy is the biggest hypocrite the world has ever seen. The only reason any body even knows this guys name is because he got himself famous by being a bully. All he does is insult people.

This is like when HE accused ANDERSON of being a jerk. I was like.... how can he even use that word in reference to another person.

Next thing you know he will be accusing Brazilian legends of lay and pray.

Anderson Silva and Wandy: Generally respectful, but they'll knock you the fuck out.

Chael: Talks a lot of shit, assumes missionary position (top) for duration of the fight.

Post #9   7/1/12 12:59:24AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Uncle ChaCha should also accuse them of pulling out of fights and whining about "injuries" after an ass whooping

Post #10   7/1/12 1:47:08AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,463-760
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Chael never beats anyone up (it's more like a long and uncomfortable hug) but he's the real bully.

This guy is the biggest hypocrite the world has ever seen. The only reason any body even knows this guys name is because he got himself famous by being a bully. All he does is insult people.

This is like when HE accused ANDERSON of being a jerk. I was like.... how can he even use that word in reference to another person.

Anderson Silva and Wandy: Generally respectful, but they'll knock you the fuck out.

Chael: Talks a lot of shit, assumes missionary position (top) for duration of the fight.

anderson silver is a fraud he pretends he cant speak english to avoid talking to the media and the fans

wanderlay silva thinks he good cause pride fed him cans for most of his stint in pride i guess no ones let him in on the secret you didn't win thos fight's in japan the ref had an ear piece, wandy won 22 straight fights in japan but you cant win 2 in a row in america

cheal sonnen is an Honorable man has never talked trash or manufactured conflict he only speaks the truth and the truth hurts these brazilans frauds

Post #11   7/1/12 1:50:56AM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by bjj1605

anderson silver is a fraud he pretends he cant speak english to avoid talking to the media and the fans

wanderlay silva thinks he good cause pride fed him cans for most of his stint in pride i guess no ones let him in on the secret you didn't win thos fight's in japan the ref had an ear piece, wandy won 22 straight fights in japan but you cant win 2 in a row in america

cheal sonnen is an Honorable man has never talked trash or manufactured conflict he only speaks the truth and the truth hurts these brazilans frauds

i like wandy, but i have to agree.

Post #12   7/1/12 8:24:26AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
For those of you who do not know, or haven't quite figured it out yet, the UFC is a professional sports organization. Just like all other professional sports organizations, the UFC is comprised of professional athletes. Now, professional athletes have many reasons for doing what they do: respect, a drive to compete, test themselves, etc. But above all else, like it or not, professional sports are businesses and professional athletes are just doing their jobs.

Don't get me wrong, there are some professional athletes out there who do not care about the money. But do not be naive and think that money does not influence a majority of every professional athletes' decisions.

To take every word Sonnen says to heart, become offended by every outlandish thought that leaves his lips, or to even think he truly believes most of what he says is a basic form of gullibility.

Sonnen is a businessman and a professional athlete. Why do you think the UFC, MMA, Fighters, Athletic Commissions, etc. let him get away with everything he does and says? Because it is a business. Sonnen is making money. A. Silva is making money. UFC, Fox, Youtube, MMAPlayground, Verizon... They are all making money because Sonnen causes controversy and the world longs for controversy.

Just had to get that out. Sonnen is funny as

Post #13   7/1/12 10:28:59AM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,135-1,197
Chips:

Posted by Card

Is it just me or does that look more like Jon Jones?

Post #14   7/1/12 12:21:40PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:861-585
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Card

Is it just me or does that look more like Jon Jones?

especially the bottom of the foot

Post #15   7/1/12 12:56:20PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2