Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Criticism aside, Strikeforce's Tyron Woodley focused: 'It's my time to be champion'

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Tyron Woodley has taken some criticism from fans in his MMA career, but he's really in no mood to apologize for his game plans.

Woodley (10-0 MMA, 8-0 SF), who meets Nate Marquardt (31-10-2 MMA, 0-0 SF) next month for the vacant welterweight title in the co-main event of "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy," said sometimes, fights are just going to end in decisions.

"It’s not like you don't try to finish. It's not like you make a decision, 'OK, I'm going to let this fight go to the three rounds,'" Woodley told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) earlier this week. "Some guys just don't want to be put away. I don't want to be put away. You have to find a way to go for the victory shot and get dominant positions, try to do damage."

Woodley's career started with five submission finishes, including three in Strikeforce. But four of his last five wins have come by decision, including two splits. And it seems many times, with MMA fans, it's what have you done for me lately.

Against Marquardt, a former UFC middleweight title challenger who will be making his Strikeforce debut, Woodley takes on an opponent who has been finished just three times in 43 fights.

Link

Post #1   6/29/12 8:23:06PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think Marquardt takes this one by UD but it will be interesting to see how Nate looks at 170. Plus he hasn't fought in a grip so idk....might rethink my selection

Post #2   6/29/12 9:32:58PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
Yay

Post #3   6/30/12 4:43:15PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Sucks that he derailed Mein like that after his Cyborg fight. I dont think he can smother Nate like that. And I doubt he'll be able to stall as much as he did in thy fight. Shouldve been stood up numerous times imo.

Post #4   6/30/12 5:07:19PM