Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FX 4's Ramsey Nijem wanted to give back fine after opponent missed weight

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
There are all sorts of little rules Ramsey Nijem (6-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) isn't particularly keen on in MMA.

One, he said, forced him to keep a 20-percent purse deduction awarded him by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board after opponent C.J. Keith (8-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) missed weight by one pound at this past Friday's UFC on FX 4.

"The commission said that's their way of making sure fighters makes weight," Nijem told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "He's a respectful kind of person, and after he didn't make weight, I was like, 'Well, it's a frickin' pound.' But they didn't let me."

Nijem respected the decision of the referee who stopped the action in the first round of their fight, which served on the FX-televised prelims of the event at Revel Atlantic City in Atlantic City, N.J.

Yet he thinks the fight could have gone longer.

"It was a little early (of a stoppage)," Nijem said. "I'm not the one that called it, but I really did have him in danger. I hit him with a good overhand right on the feet and then when we were on the ground, I had him mounted and was landing some big elbows.

Link

Post #1   6/28/12 1:10:30AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Nijem seems like a nice enough guy, but he still put Danny boy Downes out of a job.

Nice of him wanting to give the money back, and admitting that it was a early stoppage. Still think he would of won, and I picked the other guy.

Post #2   6/28/12 2:33:18AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,104-643
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I'm sure CJ would still accept a check from Ramsey if he still feels generous.

Post #3   6/28/12 7:31:16AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Pretty cool to hear that a guy wants to give money back, especially in this greedy world we live in

Post #4   6/28/12 10:13:51PM