Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Delivery boy days behind, Marcos Vinicius says UFC 147 bonus life-changing

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Like so many of his fellow cast members on "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil," Brazilian featherweight Marcos Vinicius (20-3-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) looked at the show as the opportunity of a lifetime.

While "Vina" came up short in the season's tournament, he made the most of his official octagon debut, knocking out Wagner Campos in come-from-behind fashion at this past Saturday's UFC 147 event in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, and scoring $65,000 for the evening's "Knockout of the Night" award.

It's a moment Vinicius says he'll never forget. After all, with victory in hand, Vinicius can now – and forever – leave his old life behind.

"Before I came to the UFC, I made an oath that I was never going to work on a motorbike again so that I didn't lose the opportunity to get into the largest event in the world," Vinicius said through an interpreter. "If I continued working on a motorbike, I could have fallen down and lost this opportunity."

Link

Post #1   6/28/12 1:07:02AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This is a pretty good story. I love how MMA can change someones life, it never used to be like that. Good to see the sport on the rise

Post #2   6/28/12 10:15:33PM