Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce champ Rockhold has Kennedy plan, Jackson's 'form of cheating' on mind

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Strikeforce middleweight champ Luke Rockhold hopes Tim Kennedy will engage him in a high-paced fight when they meet next month at "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy."

But he's also concerned that Kennedy is going to slow down the fight with a game plan from coach Greg Jackson.

"I'm not the biggest fan of Greg Jackson game plans," Rockhold said during a conference call in support of the July event. "It's mixed martial arts. I quit wrestling for a reason, so I want to fight, and I'm looking for a fight."

Link

Post #1   6/26/12 11:05:46PM   

K4RP3NT3R

Learning to Sprawl

K4RP3NT3R Avatar

Career:16-6
Chips:
I would not call it a form of cheating, but I will not disagree with statement accusing Jackson trained fighter's gameplans resulting in boring fights at times. They are well thought out gameplans designed only to get the win, which is most important, but they often appear to only be designed to win a decision and not designed at all to finish a fight. They may not be exciting, but I guess winning is winning.

Post #2   6/26/12 11:33:33PM