Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nick Penner Injury Scraps Tom DeBlass from UFC on Fuel TV 4

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
With his opponent and fellow UFC neophyte Nick Penner injured, it was announced today that New Jersey local Tom DeBlass will not have a replacement opponent for UFC on Fuel TV 4. It was revealed by MMA Fighting earlier today that Penner was forced to pull out of his bout with DeBlass due to an injury. DeBlass later confirmed via a prepared statement on his facebook account that he would not be fighting at all on the July 11 card.

“I regretfully inform all of you that my fight in two weeks for UFC in San Jose is off,” DeBlass said in his statement. “I trained harder then ever and never felt better. My opponent Nick Penner had to pull out of the fight for an injury and the stars just did not align for July 11. I will be fighting again sometime before the end of the year most likely and hopefully closer to home. No one is more disappointed then me, I poured my heart and soul into this camp the last 10 weeks. However, I never go against God’s plans. The lessons I took from this camp are priceless, and when I do return I will be that much better. Thanks to my team and coaches for having my back. God Bless. I WILL be teaching tonight.”

Link

Post #1   6/26/12 5:25:21PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Would've been nice for the UFC to find him a late replacement, since he took that Diabate on a short notice, plus had to go all the way to Sweden in doing so.

Hoping they at least give DeBlass his show money since he's not getting a replacement.

Post #2   6/26/12 5:44:16PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Makes sense. Ufc went will 11 fight card for July 7th. Four days later a 11 fight card would happen as well curious if Calgary will get same treatment

Post #3   6/27/12 12:20:02AM