Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vitor Belfort Calls Out Michael Bisping, Not Afraid of Jon Jones

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,475-898
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

If your gonna point fingers, point in the matchmakers direction for giving these guys what they want

Great point

That's what we call letting the tail wag the dog.
I respect that the UFC doesn't really force their fighters into fights they don't want, or fights they don't think they are ready for. But I think there gets to be a point in a fighter's career where you have no business hand picking your opponents. Take what they give you. Make a suggestion before a fight offer, don't make a suggestion to counter a fight offer. At a certain point, that's a bitch move.

Post #16   6/26/12 3:33:03PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Vitor "ducked" Gegard Mousasi in Affliction when it was offered to him.

Post #17   6/26/12 3:45:17PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
I seem to remember all the Bisping Haters saying Rivera would KO Bisping when they fought, Didn't happen. Rivera quit in their fight and took an easy way out. Then all the haters said Chael Sonnen was gonna wipe the floor with Bisping, Didn't happen. Bisping gave Chael his first fight in years IMO. Even Chael thought he'd lost that fight. Bisping seems to be either just hated or Underrated, either way, i think Bisping could give Belfort a good fight and possibly even beat him. It will not be one sided. Belfort does not fight like he used to and Bisping is not Akiyama or Johnson. Bisping is a smart fighter who won't cut weight late and blow his gas tank inside 3 minutes. It will come down to who wants it more. Belfort is still dangerous, but i think Bisping is too.

If Belfort/Bisping happens and Belfort comes to the UK to fight him, i will take Bisping ...

Last edited 6/26/12 4:25PM server time by LightsOUT23
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   6/26/12 4:22:07PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

I seem to remember all the Bisping Haters saying Rivera would KO Bisping when they fought, Didn't happen. Rivera quit in their fight and took an easy way out. Then all the haters said Chael Sonnen was gonna wipe the floor with Bisping, Didn't happen. Bisping gave Chael his first fight in years IMO. Even Chael thought he'd lost that fight. Bisping seems to be either just hated or Underrated, either way, i think Bisping could give Belfort a good fight and possibly even beat him. It will not be one sided. Belfort does not fight like he used to and Bisping is not Akiyama or Johnson. Bisping is a smart fighter who won't cut weight late and blow his gas tank inside 3 minutes. It will come down to who wants it more. Belfort is still dangerous, but i think Bisping is too.

If Belfort/Bisping happens and Belfort comes to the UK to fight him, i will take Bisping ...

And that will be my 1st ever av bet

Post #19   6/26/12 4:27:13PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
Belfort by sub.

Post #20   6/26/12 5:18:02PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

In the UFC Vitor beat Johnson, Sexyama and Franklin....hardly worthy of a title shot. I am not sure why they pitted him against Anderson Silva in the first place. Vitor is on one of the lower rungs of the MW ladder. Why is he even talking about this stuff? I think he needs 2 or 3 wins against guys that matter...then maybe he can talk about tile shots. Retire now Vitor before the guys at the top of the heap beat you into retirement.

Johnson was a contender, Sexyama is high profile and Franklin is a legend that can still dance. I'd that more than puts him in the running. Obviously he should have another fight, but if he beats Bisping, that is more than enough credibility to give him another shot imo.

I'm not sure why you think he is so low caliber with how well he has performed in his return to the UFC, who do you think would beat him in the top 5?

Post #21   6/26/12 5:48:21PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by Sir_Karl

In the UFC Vitor beat Johnson, Sexyama and Franklin....hardly worthy of a title shot. I am not sure why they pitted him against Anderson Silva in the first place. Vitor is on one of the lower rungs of the MW ladder. Why is he even talking about this stuff? I think he needs 2 or 3 wins against guys that matter...then maybe he can talk about tile shots. Retire now Vitor before the guys at the top of the heap beat you into retirement.

Johnson was a contender, Sexyama is high profile and Franklin is a legend that can still dance. I'd that more than puts him in the running. Obviously he should have another fight, but if he beats Bisping, that is more than enough credibility to give him another shot imo.

I'm not sure why you think he is so low caliber with how well he has performed in his return to the UFC, who do you think would beat him in the top 5?

Johnson was a contender at 170, couldnt do that cut anymore and missed weight at MW which basically became a LHW fight. Franklin was at 195 lbs. Akiyama lost his 2 previous fights and was barely top 15....and is now 1-4 in the UFC. He is only high profile because fans love him, not because he is a top fighter. Vitor's recent MW UFC career is 1-1.

who in the top 5 that can beat him? Silva, Sonnen and Munoz.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   6/26/12 6:09:17PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,754-1,581
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by airkerma

I would love to see him ko Bisping

fixed

This!

Post #23   6/26/12 6:11:54PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Come on guys, Vitor and Shogun aren't the only guys asking for certain fights or turning fights down. Hendo and Chuck also come to mind. Even Ken Shamrock begged till he got to fight Tori again. More recently Rory MacDonald called out B.J. but since it was a fight that we wanted to see we didn't start blasting Rory for picking his opponent. Remember, its Joe Silva who puts these fights together and Dana has input. If your gonna point fingers, point in the matchmakers direction for giving these guys what they want

Im not supporting the side that says these two guys specifically handpick, but I will say that I dont count guys hyping up fights picking fights necessarily. Sometimes two guys want to fight eachother, thats not a fighter handpicking. I think calling guys out routinely for a feeler for what options you have to pick from is hand picking.

Consistently I have seen this from Vitor, a lot of others are doing this, but he is one of them. Lots of guys get that way toward the end of their careers so they dont end up like matt hammil

Post #24   6/26/12 6:32:59PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

Posted by Sir_Karl

Johnson was a contender at 170, couldnt do that cut anymore and missed weight at MW which basically became a LHW fight. Franklin was at 195 lbs. Akiyama lost his 2 previous fights and was barely top 15....and is now 1-4 in the UFC. He is only high profile because fans love him, not because he is a top fighter. Vitor's recent MW UFC career is 1-1.

who in the top 5 that can beat him? Silva, Sonnen and Munoz.

It's not like he had a tough time with any of them, he finished them all in the 1st. And sure, I would say Silva, Sonnen, and Munoz could beat them, but only 1 has. That doesn't mean he's at the bottom of the MW ladder like sir_karl stated.

Post #25   6/26/12 6:34:38PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

Come on guys, Vitor and Shogun aren't the only guys asking for certain fights or turning fights down. Hendo and Chuck also come to mind. Even Ken Shamrock begged till he got to fight Tori again. More recently Rory MacDonald called out B.J. but since it was a fight that we wanted to see we didn't start blasting Rory for picking his opponent. Remember, its Joe Silva who puts these fights together and Dana has input. If your gonna point fingers, point in the matchmakers direction for giving these guys what they want

Im not supporting the side that says these two guys specifically handpick, but I will say that I dont count guys hyping up fights picking fights necessarily. Sometimes two guys want to fight eachother, thats not a fighter handpicking. I think calling guys out routinely for a feeler for what options you have to pick from is hand picking.

Consistently I have seen this from Vitor, a lot of others are doing this, but he is one of them. Lots of guys get that way toward the end of their careers so they dont end up like matt hammil

I know man, I said he's not the only one but it was said that him and Shogun are given whatever which I don't believe. They're just the 2 most recent to ask and/or decline fights. I may be wrong(I googled but found nothing other than Bisping) but I don't remember him asking to fight Franklin, Akiyama, or Johnson. I could be totally wrong but I don't think he has since returning to the UFC

Last edited 6/26/12 8:34PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   6/26/12 6:46:44PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Chieftan1997

He may not be afraid of Jones but he would get murdered by him!!! He'd be lucky to last 2 rounds with Bones!!!

With Belfort's speed and power you never know.

In agreement. If someone's gonna outstrike JJ, Belforts on the top of the list. Machida did well IMO before the inevitable, I'd like to see him get another shot.

I'd also like to see Palhares get a hold of one of those extremely long chicken legs

Post #27   6/26/12 8:09:55PM   

K4RP3NT3R

Learning to Sprawl

K4RP3NT3R Avatar

Career:16-6
Chips:
I think Belfort still has some decent fights in him. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Bisping. It would make for an exciting fight.

Post #28   6/26/12 9:37:50PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033
It's not like he had a tough time with any of them, he finished them all in the 1st. And sure, I would say Silva, Sonnen, and Munoz could beat them, but only 1 has. That doesn't mean he's at the bottom of the MW ladder like sir_karl stated.

That's true, but imo he shouldn't be considered top 5...even top 10 can be a stretch though I don't mind him there. He needs to fight and beat high ranked MWs just like everyone wants Bisping to...they are both in the same boat

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #29   6/26/12 11:37:00PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Completely agree with this... Bisping is no joke... he is hated and underated... I would also take him in UK

Post #30   6/27/12 12:04:58AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3