Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC exec says promotion targeting Cezar Ferreira vs. Daniel Sarafian for future date

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira (5-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) claimed victory in the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" with a hard-fought decision win over fellow middleweight Sergio Moraes at UFC 147, but it came with an asterisk.

Moraes, who lost during his run on "TUF: Brazil," was a replacement opponent for Daniel Sarafian (7-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who was forced to withdraw from the card due to injury.

While it's still uncertain when Sarafian will return, he just might have an opponent waiting. UFC exec Marshall Zelaznik said the company is looking to get rid of the caveat.

"I can tell you that post-fight, (UFC president) Dana (White) mentioned to me that he looks forward to seeing [Sarafian] fight 'Mutante' to try and gain sort of what was taken from him through the injury," Zelaznik said at Saturday evening's UFC 147 post-event press conference, which MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) attended. "I expect that fight to happen at some point in the future."

Link

Post #1   6/24/12 2:21:19PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
I wouldn't expect that too soon though, I don't think they want the guy who just won a ?4? fight contract to rack up an L so quick. You have to let this beat build.

Post #2   6/24/12 2:46:12PM   

Card

MMA Regular

Card Avatar

Career:1,162-603
Chips:
That's the fight I want to see....

Post #3   6/24/12 3:21:44PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Makes perfect sense. It gives me time to finish watching this past season too so I know what Sarafian is like. I missed the fight that got him to the finals and I can't really remember him very well from the episodes I have seen.

Post #4   6/24/12 3:51:03PM