Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

ONE FC Results: Roger Huerta Soccer Kicked

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Record: 2,146-1,122
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Huerta sure has fallen

Post #16   6/24/12 1:31:13AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Record: 1,402-821
Chips:
I love soccer kicks....

If it were up to me soccer kicks and knees would be legal but stomping would still be against the rules.

Stomps are just to dangerous for any professional sport IMO.

Post #17   6/24/12 2:09:20AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar
Record: 1,290-794
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Pookie

Posted by pmoney

Jesus H.... soccer kicks are brutal by nature, but that is probably the most savage soccer kick I have ever seen, regardless of fighter or organization.

aldo has some ridiculous ones early in his career. guys go flying across the ring from them.

but yeah, im in agreement with the thread. Early Stoppage.

I forgot about that! I seen that dudes old school highlight reel, his soccer kick KOs reminded me of Yamamoto's HL reel, just in savageness.

Post #18   6/24/12 2:10:01AM   

Tyzzler

MMA Regular

Tyzzler Avatar
Record: 291-232
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I love soccer kicks....

If it were up to me soccer kicks and knees would be legal but stomping would still be against the rules.

Congrats..on the most ridiculous statement I've seen all year. "Yep kicking somebody square in the side of the head hard enough to break his kneck? Cool with me, just make sure ya don't step on the fool"

Soccer kicks like that, and the fans that love em so much, are what separates the masochistic wack job fans from the real fans of the sport. Bet ya love Kimbo too huh?

Last edited 6/24/12 4:37AM server time by tyzzler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   6/24/12 4:35:37AM   

Kpro

Shame Shame Larry!

Kpro Avatar

Record: 2,241-1,148
Chips:
I love soccer kicks too when someone is trying to stay grounded to avoid shots, does that mean I just haven't been a fan as long as you have?

Post #20   6/24/12 8:39:02AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar
Record: 1,704-922
Chips:
i prefer stomps, soccer kicks, plus upkicks and knees to grounded opponents. It would effectively stop LnP entirely.

But mostly i love it because it's savage and im not young enough to lie to myself anymore.

Post #21   6/24/12 8:44:43AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar
Record: 152-124
Chips:
wow that is hard to watch.. glad soccer kicks are illegal in the UFC

Post #22   6/24/12 10:40:57AM   

DANZANRYUGUY

MMA Regular

DANZANRYUGUY Avatar

Record: 1,356-1,014
Camp: Mountain Storm Combat Club
Chips:
if it doesnt get all over the place, you get kicked in the face.

Post #23   6/24/12 10:58:47AM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Record: 779-496
Chips:
Nice to see some MMA not geared to favor American wrestling.

Post #24   6/24/12 11:27:56AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar
Record: 681-411
Chips:

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by bjj1605

I love soccer kicks....

. Bet ya love Kimbo too huh?

thats actually the worst statement all year.

what does kimbo have to do with soccer kicks.

Post #25   6/24/12 2:48:38PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Record: 1,070-712
Chips:
My take on it is.

If you know you can be soccer kicked don't put yourself in a position to be.

These guys know the rules

Post #26   6/24/12 2:52:39PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Record: 1,777-1,062
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by bjj1605

I love soccer kicks....

Congrats..on the most ridiculous statement I've seen all year. "Yep kicking somebody square in the side of the head hard enough to break his kneck? Cool with me, just make sure ya don't step on the fool"

Soccer kicks like that, and the fans that love em so much, are what separates the masochistic wack job fans from the real fans of the sport. Bet ya love Kimbo too huh?

This must be the 2nd worst statement all year. The Japanese love them some soccer kicks and they are the last group of people i would call masochistic wack job fans.

Last edited 6/24/12 4:57PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

#2 UFC 112 Points #9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers #12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points " Dream As If You'll Live Forever, Live As If You'll Die Today"- James Dean

Post #27   6/24/12 2:54:23PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Record: 1,402-821
Chips:

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by bjj1605

I love soccer kicks....

So I really took some time deciding whether or not the words that you produced above deserve a response.

Naturally, my first choice was no, they do not. Your post was unnecessarily rude and also sort of devoid of any meaningful substance.

If you're going to disagree with someone, at least give a little bit of supporting rationale.

Then I decided, "hey, this guy is new. Everyone deserves a second chance."

So....

I am going to respond to you now with the hope that your subsequent reply will be better than the drivel I have quoted here.

The REASON that I am ok with soccer kicks but do not like stomps is that stomps are a LOT more dangerous. The amount of force you can generate with a soccer kick is not meaningfully different than the amount of force you can generate with your average high kick. Also, in both cases (soccer kick and regular head kick) the head is free to move.

There are a couple of things that make stomps different. Stomps can first of all generate a lot more force. You have gravity on your side, you can put all your weight into it, and you are engaging more muscle groups at once. More importantly, stomps usually happen when a fighter is lying on his back. A fighter who is lying on his back has a much worse chance of evading the strike. EVEN WORSE a fighter on his back has no range of movement to absorb the force of the stomp. His head gets sandwiched between the the attackers foot and the mat below. Because he can't move, the energy of the strike doesn't dissipate as much and his brain is going to take a lot more trauma.

If it were up to me, they would change the rule from "No leg strikes to a fighter who has three points of contact" to "No leg strikes to a fighter with his back on the mat."

Also, FYI, I like the idea of legalizing soccer kicks and and knees to fighters on their knees because it gives people another tool to use against wrestling. Its not that I like gratuitous violence.

Post #28   6/24/12 4:26:11PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Record: 1,736-987
Chips:
They should create a sport where the only legal techniques are the ones that are illegal in the unified rules. Whole fights of eye gouging, fish hooking, and knees to the head of a downed opponent ending in small-joint subs.

Post #29   6/24/12 4:39:51PM   

machodog76

Belt Contender

machodog76 Avatar

Record: 2,363-1,444
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by bjj1605

I love soccer kicks....

Having been both soccer kicked and stomped, I'll take the kicks all day. Stomps are much more dangerous. And I think you should reel those claws back in kitten we're all entitled to our opinions.

Post #30   6/25/12 1:32:33PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3