Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White on Clay Guida strategy vs. Maynard at UFC on FX 4: 'The fight sucked'

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
I wanna agree with my home boy Pmoney on this fight, but I was never a fan of Guida or his style and this isn't the first time Guida has fought with a game-plan based on his cardio or wrestling. So to me the fight was a bit boring but slightly better than Condit vs. Diaz.

Post #31   6/23/12 5:25:21PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
I agree the fight was boring but that shouldn't mean Guida lost the fight. I'm not sure if Maynard touched him in the first three rounds. To me, Maynard looked foolish almost falling down everytime he swung a punch. I agree that its not the type of fight that i want to pay to see, but Guida had the perfect strategy to win against Maynard. What you want him to do? Slug it out with the hardest puncher in the division? Guida absorbed absolutely 0 punishment in the first 3 rounds, while making Maynard look off balance and foolish. This scorecard was an absolute shocker to me; maybe the worst i can remember. I had the first 4 rounds going to Guida.

Post #32   6/23/12 6:17:40PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3