Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Maynard vs,. Guida post-fight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

AussiePride

MMA Regular

AussiePride Avatar

Career:441-355
Chips:
Guida was accusing Maynard of grabbing his hair in the clinch exchanges.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   7/1/12 3:29:42AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
I just watched the fight, and I scored it 48-47 for Guida (rounds 1, 2, 5)...though I can see Maynard winning the 5th round to win the fight. I didn't mind that strategy (though it wasn't very appealing), but it was in no way the same as Condit's - in fact it was far better.

Guida was not really "running away" all fight like Condit did. Guida did have a defensive and less aggressive strategy, but he at least shot in for combinations. Maynard's main offensive attack all fight was an overhand and you are going to miss 9 times out of 10 with the way Guida moves. Yeah he back pedaled and bounced side to side a lot, but he only turned his back once the entire fight. I know most people here like to use the "look at ___'s face after the fight and tell me who won" line...i think this is a stupid way to judge a fight but lets play along...Maynard's face was more bruised and cut up than Guida's - kinda hard to do that if he ran away all fight.

Maynard may have been stalking Guida down most of the fight, but according to fightmetric, he threw almost 100 less strikes. Again that's really hard to do if Guida ran away all fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   7/2/12 10:57:34PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2