Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FX 4 - Maynard vs. Guida - Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

Print  
  Page 17 of 18   <<   14     15     16     17     18  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Maynard could have tried to use his wrestling more if he didn't like it.

How can you wrestle someone you cant catch...looked a lot like a cartoon...Guidas antics were really a joke for UFC and MMA...It was effective to a point but octagon control I give him a zero...

Post #241   6/22/12 11:31:19PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BeeR

maynard landed what, 12 punches the whole fight?

Calling that a fight is an insult to fights.

its a sport, with a game plan, and strategy, not some kids fighting at school.

Do the Giants lose when they win 24-7 after playing a defensive game?

Do the Devils lose when they win 4-0 after playing the trap?

didnt think so.

youtube has lots of street fight videos, maybe watch them if thats what you're into.

sure guida was backing up more then usual, but he outstruck maynard atleast 3 to 1.

Post #242   6/22/12 11:31:30PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

Maynard can complain all he wants but it was his job to stop Guida from executing his gameplan. I have no problem with how the fight went down even if I wanted a more exciting fight

Running from the fight is not a game plan IMO. Clay has awsome footwork but if you don't counter off that foot work well then your simply running from the fight. Asians invented fighting and the yellow card so the way I see it
the judges were right.

I liked what you were saying right up until the asians invented fighting part

No one invented fighting

LOL well I suppose Cane and Able invented fighting but whos to say they wern't Asian?

Post #243   6/22/12 11:31:58PM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:857-609
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
I think Guida won the fight. It might not have been pretty but very few of his fights are. Honestly I had it 49 - 46, Maynard didn't even land a punch until 40 seconds left in the 2nd round. He might have landed 20 all together.

Post #244   6/22/12 11:32:44PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
We got a bunch of Gray Maynard's in here.

Post #245   6/22/12 11:32:49PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Maynard could have tried to use his wrestling more if he didn't like it.

How can you wrestle someone you cant catch...

easy, catch him.

if you cant, too bad.

come on now, its clay guida, not usain bolt, anybody can be caught.

instead of crying about phantom eye pokes and throwing the finger, he should have used his superior wrestling, when he DID, he was controlling.

Post #246   6/22/12 11:33:33PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

Condit never got a warning and people complained their butts off about that fight.

Well it has to happen first then they know how to treat a runner

what?

they have to see a fighter run like Condit did Diaz and Clay did tonight...After the Condit fight I am sure MMA made a point to tell refs that if fighters appear to run give a warning....so tonight Dan knew to give a warning...

Condit's gameplan was perfect against Diaz. Diax wants you to stand still in front of him with your back against the cage so he can pepper you with punches. I have no problem with him getting out of the pocket before Diaz can get his gameplan going. I can understand how you and other would but I just see it as taking your opponents strength away

I agree it was a good gameplan but it was basically a boxing gameplan....More gameplans like Condits and Gudais will only take MMA in an opposite direction then probably what Dana wants...Guida took it to another level...Could you imagine watching that for another five rounds...

Post #247   6/22/12 11:34:17PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
Maynard could have just stood in the middle of the octagon in protest.

Post #248   6/22/12 11:37:25PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
IMO Condit Diaz has nothing to do with this. Condit was landing leg kicks all night keeping Diaz from his goal of landing jab after jab on his face. I have nothing against a fighter moving away from the pocket as long as he counters off his movement.

Post #249   6/22/12 11:37:44PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
We could just strap both of their feet in the middle of the octagon and they could just punch either other.

Post #250   6/22/12 11:38:23PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

Condit never got a warning and people complained their butts off about that fight.

Well it has to happen first then they know how to treat a runner

what?

they have to see a fighter run like Condit did Diaz and Clay did tonight...After the Condit fight I am sure MMA made a point to tell refs that if fighters appear to run give a warning....so tonight Dan knew to give a warning...

Condit's gameplan was perfect against Diaz. Diax wants you to stand still in front of him with your back against the cage so he can pepper you with punches. I have no problem with him getting out of the pocket before Diaz can get his gameplan going. I can understand how you and other would but I just see it as taking your opponents strength away

I agree it was a good gameplan but it was basically a boxing gameplan....More gameplans like Condits and Gudais will only take MMA in an opposite direction then probably what Dana wants...Guida took it to another level...Could you imagine watching that for another five rounds...

I get what your saying but again I don't have a problem with it. You don't like it, stop it. You don't like being held down, get up. You don't want to get punched in the face, move.

Post #251   6/22/12 11:39:07PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I wasn't paying close enough attention to argue against the decision, but I can easily tell you that just saying "he ran" is not a valid argument. If he landed more strikes it really doesn't matter how he did it. If you're going to argue for Gray, you should be making some kind of argument about how he out-struck or out-pointed Guida, not just saying "Guida ran" or "That was embarrassing". That isn't a valid method for scoring a fight.

Post #252   6/22/12 11:39:12PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:

We could just strap both of their feet in the middle of the octagon and they could just punch either other.

and well call it ultimate stationary fighting championships.
and only retards looking to get KO'd can participate

Last edited 6/22/12 11:40PM server time by beer
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #253   6/22/12 11:40:13PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BeeR

didnt think so.

youtube has lots of street fight videos, maybe watch them if thats what you're into.

sure guida was backing up more then usual, but he outstruck maynard atleast 3 to 1.

In the first round at least Guida was countering while running away, but after the 2nd round he stopped doing anything other than throwing out a token jab and actively attempting to avoid the fight.

If we stand-up fighters who are stalling on the ground we should have a similar punishment for fighters stalling on the feet.

Post #254   6/22/12 11:40:41PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BeeR

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BeeR

didnt think so.

In the first round at least Guida was countering while running away, but after the 2nd round he stopped doing anything other than throwing out a token jab and actively attempting to avoid the fight.

If we stand-up fighters who are stalling on the ground we should have a similar punishment for fighters stalling on the feet.

he was warned when he ran. and he should have been.

but there is a MASSIVE difference between evasion and running.

heres an idea, put a boxer against a BJJ black belt, and punish the boxer when he doeant jump the black belts guard, would that make sense.

why the fuck would anyone jump into someones strengths instead of bringing them out of their game?

no difference.

Post #255   6/22/12 11:45:02PM   

Page 17 of 18   <<   14     15     16     17     18