Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Newcomer Hacran Dias looks for better life with UFC 147 debut

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Featherweight Hacran Dias is the latest prospect to emerge from the celebrated Nova Uniao camp in Brazil, and like many of the team's fighters, he's endured a hard road on the way to the big show.

Now on the cusp of his UFC debut against fellow Brazilian fighter Yuri Alcantara (27-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC), Dias (20-1-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) wants to give his family a better life with success in the octagon.

"Everything I do, I do with my daughter in mind," Dias told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I don't want to stay here on the hill (in a favela) around drug trafficking. I want her to go to college, maybe even study overseas."

Dias hopes to make a deposit on that dream when he meets Alcantara on the pay-per-view main card of UFC 147, which takes place Saturday at Estádio Jornalista Felipe Drumond in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

"I think God does everything at the right time," he said. "If I hadn't managed to get in (to the UFC) before, it's because it wasn't my time yet. I was very happy to get in. It's the opportunity of my life."

Link

Post #1   6/20/12 11:19:14PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Chips:
Having Alcantara as your first fight is pretty brutal. He's a beast though and should have a successful future in the division.

Post #2   6/21/12 5:59:37AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Having Alcantara as your first fight is pretty brutal. He's a beast though and should have a successful future in the division.

Yeah, even if he loses vs Yuri I think his future is promising

Post #3   6/21/12 3:22:31PM