Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alexander Sarnavskiy signs with Bellator, No. 1 seed for season-seven tourney

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Russian fighter Alexander Sarnavskiy has signed a multi-fight deal with Bellator, officials today announced.

As part of the announcement, officials dubbed him the No. 1 seed for the upcoming season-seven lightweight tournament, which is expected to kick off in September.

Sarnavskiy, who trains with some current Bellator fighters at RusFighters Sport Club, enters the organization with a perfect 20-0 record and 17 stoppage wins.

If victorious in the season-seven tourney, which will include eight fighters and run 12 weeks, Sarnavskiy would get a guaranteed title shot.

"Alexander Shlemenko has put a high standard of Russian dominance in Bellator by winning two middleweight tournaments," Sarnavskiy stated. "Now my teammate Andrey Koreshkov fights for Bellator as well, and he recently won two fights by spectacular KOs. Vitaly Minakov also just signed with Bellator, and I expect him to become Bellator's next heavyweight champion.

"I want to follow in the footsteps of those men, and make Bellator proud."

Link

Post #1   6/20/12 3:00:00AM   

MeetFrancisco

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Bellator has been signing a lot of good guys lately... Next season is gonna be really good.

Post #2   6/20/12 9:25:06AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by MeetFrancisco

Bellator has been signing a lot of good guys lately... Next season is gonna be really good.

every time Zuffa releases guys, Bellator get stronger plus they pick up guys like this. Should be fun

Post #3   6/20/12 11:07:16AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
I always loved Beallator format, and theres always one or two fun fights each card.

Russian invasion?

Post #4   6/20/12 3:16:35PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:
2 of his last 3 opponents have losing records.

It will be nice to see him face some decent competition.

If you're undefeated after that many fights in MMA it usually means you haven't been facing very good opposition.

Post #5   6/20/12 4:05:50PM