Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ricardo Funch hoping for 'fast, hard, violent' fight against Dan Miller at UFC on FX 4

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ricardo Funch (8-3 MMA, 0-3 UFC) has felt the pressure before. But this time, it's greater than ever.

Funch, in his second stint with the UFC, still is in search of his first win with the promotion. Friday, he meets Dan Miller (13-6 MMA, 5-5 UFC) at UFC on FX 4 and knows what is at stake.

"This is the fight of my life and it's the only thing I'm thinking about," Funch recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Funch got a second chance with the UFC when he took a short-notice fight against Mike Pyle in his native Brazil this past January at UFC 142. But the Massachusetts-based welterweight didn't find any more success in Brazil than he had in his UFC fights in the States and Canada. Pyle stopped him in just 82 seconds.

Funch realizes that because he helped the UFC out when Paulo Thiago dropped out of the fight against Pyle, he has one more shot Friday in Miller's home state of New Jersey.

Link

Last edited 6/20/12 2:57AM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   6/20/12 2:56:21AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
havn't been impressed by him at all, i don't know why but i can smell an upset here ??
still tipped miller though.

Post #2   6/20/12 3:00:18AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
Funch hasn't won a UFC fight, and won't. It sucks he got faced up with three wrestlers and now a Former Middleweight contender who has great ground game. Back to regional shows for funchie.

Post #3   6/20/12 2:54:44PM