Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

In hostile territory, UFC 147's Mike Russow says all pressure on Fabricio Werdum

Print  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC 147 takes place in Werdum's native Brazil. When the two tangle at Estadio Jornalista Felipe Drumond (also known as "Mineirinho"), a 25,000-seat arena in Belo Horizonte, Russow said he'll go into cruise control.

"Honestly, (fighting in hostile territory) really doesn't bother me," he said today. "I'm the underdog and glad all the pressure is on him. It doesn't bother me what the fans are doing. I really don't even hear my coaches after the ref says go, so that's not going to bother me at all."

SOURCE

Post #1   6/20/12 1:13:53AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I honestly think Russow has a good chance. Werdum doesn't have great takedowns and his standup isn't that great either. This is one of those fights where Russow has to weather the storm and wade through a few to land the big one and change the fight.

Post #2   6/20/12 10:20:12AM