Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

After Gray Maynard complaint, Clay Guida will braid hair for UFC on FX 4

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
Even though having long hair is a disadvantage to the fighter with long hair I am glad he has to braid it. I think fighters with long hair (and I used to be a metalhead hairbag) are ignorant. They spend half the fight brushing the hair out of their eyes. It takes so much away from their offense, defense and everything else. It's foolish and if they can't see how bad it puts them at a disadvantage then maybe MMA ought to allow hair pulling back in the sport. They will chop that sh*t real quick. Does anyone remember the Erik Paulson incident? No disrespect to Erik as some of the groundfighting in my system comes from him but he learned real quick to cut his hair.

Post #16   6/16/12 12:53:17AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Maynard got offered a lot of money by the UFC to cut his hair so they could put him in the video game.

Now this.

I don't understand what his attachment is to it. Like others have said, it clearly seems to disadvantage him.

Get a buzz cut.

Post #17   6/16/12 1:00:45AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
I dont think he at much of a disadvantage, he faints wildly purposely because his head goes one way and his hair goes the opposite, it messes up opponents reaction time and judgement on his movement. If your trying to hit him his body is going one way, his head another, and his hair in a different direction, its alot for the brain to get used too

Post #18   6/16/12 10:10:41AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

I dont think he at much of a disadvantage, he faints wildly purposely because his head goes one way and his hair goes the opposite, it messes up opponents reaction time and judgement on his movement. If your trying to hit him his body is going one way, his head another, and his hair in a different direction, its alot for the brain to get used too

Its a big disadvantage when you're trying to get out of chokes (triangle, guillotine, D'Arce, ect.).

He can't slip his head out.

Bald dudes who keep a close shave are the hardest guys to guillotine.

Post #19   6/16/12 3:54:47PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
LMAO pretty funny IMO. Sounds like a shot to throw him off his game. Grey claimed he didn't eevn know his people filed. Just a little pre fight mind games Id guess.

Post #20   6/17/12 7:07:18AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2