Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

K-1 Great Remy Bonjasky Announces His Return From Retirement

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Kickboxing great Remy Bonjasky has announced his return to the ring, but it won't be in K-1. The three time K-1 World Grand Prix champion has signed a multi-fight deal with K-1 rival Glory World Series. From the official statement:

I am really excited about GLORY, really enthusiastic about the people behind it and what they are trying to do for the sport. There are new, fresh minds involved and they are looking to take the sport to a new level, to make it bigger than it already is.

I achieved great things in K-1 and now I think the new challenge is GLORY, I think they can make the sport bigger than K-1 did.

Bonjasky retired after the 2009 K-1 Grand Prix due to a recurring eye injury that was threatening to leave him blind. Since that time, there have been rumors of a possible Bonjasky return, but without a big Heavyweight scene due to the demise of K-1, it looked like the retirement would stick. Now, with both K-1 and Glory back in action, Bonjasky has returned.

Link

Post #1   6/15/12 10:22:39AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
REMY

Post #2   6/15/12 4:26:59PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Looks to me like he sees pay but no asskickings from Schilt.

Post #3   6/15/12 7:18:44PM