Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Champ Junior Dos Santos Wants Alistair Overeem To Take Blood Tests If He Gets A Title Shot

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I think random blood testing would be great for the sport actually. Hell....I think these guys should be tested at least once a month all year long, 2 weeks before a fight and then the day of the fight. This PED sh*t needs to just stop....period. As far as Junior looking past Cain....I don't see how you guys can't see that he kind of did look past Cain in this "article" (if you want to call it that). He never once said anything about Cain or if he gets past him or doesn't get past him etc. No matter if he was asked about Overeem, he was focused on Overeem like there was no match against Cain looming. He seemed to have no inclination or belief that he may never get the shot against Overeem if Cain beats him to begin with. There were no "ifs" at all in his statements. Of course his English is very poor so that has to be taken into account. It is hard to articulate your thoughts into words when you barely know the language.

Great minds think alike.

Post #16   6/15/12 7:52:36PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Sir_Karl

I think random blood testing would be great for the sport actually. Hell....I think these guys should be tested at least once a month all year long, 2 weeks before a fight and then the day of the fight. This PED sh*t needs to just stop....period. As far as Junior looking past Cain....I don't see how you guys can't see that he kind of did look past Cain in this "article" (if you want to call it that). He never once said anything about Cain or if he gets past him or doesn't get past him etc. No matter if he was asked about Overeem, he was focused on Overeem like there was no match against Cain looming. He seemed to have no inclination or belief that he may never get the shot against Overeem if Cain beats him to begin with. There were no "ifs" at all in his statements. Of course his English is very poor so that has to be taken into account. It is hard to articulate your thoughts into words when you barely know the language.

I took Kpro's post to mean that it would be bad because soooo many fighters would be getting caught.

Yeah I agree with that.

Post #17   6/15/12 9:32:08PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Chael Sonnen, Frank Mir and a few others, take note, Dos Santos speaks the truth. If all the fighters used this "no fight until tested' policy this sport would be a lot more fair. And there would be less questions about whether we are seeing the true champions rise to the top.
I don't care if you ravaged your body with steroids so you have to take TRT. It's your own damn fault.
I hate to think that a Thiago Silva could have permanently ruined Brandon Vera's jaw and career by using a chemical advantage. Although it was probably Brandon Vera himself that ruined his own career

"

"I would like (Overeem) to do a test -- a blood test. I think we both need to do that. I want a clean fight and he needs to prove he is not under any kind of substances."

"Using drugs is completely unnecessary, and I am the living proof. I'm the champion, and I never used any kind of forbidden substances. Fighting a guy that uses these kinds of drugs is completely unfair and useless. With or without any kind of authorization [for using testosterone], the fighter who uses those substances is never fighting with his own skills. He is enhancing his power with those drugs."
"

Last edited 6/15/12 10:39PM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   6/15/12 10:38:41PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2