Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Champ Junior Dos Santos Wants Alistair Overeem To Take Blood Tests If He Gets A Title Shot

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
UFC Heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos feels no need to withhold his opinion of suspended contender Alistair Overeem and anyone else who uses artificial enhancements in their fighting career. Dos Santos, who'll rematch Cain Velasquez in his second title defense at UFC 152 this fall, spoke to ESPN Brasil this week about the controversial Dutch fighter.

LINK

Post #1   6/15/12 6:13:49AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
you know what would be even better, if junior doesnt worry about blood tests and worries about not taking a UBBERknee to the face.

Post #2   6/15/12 11:56:18AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
makes sense on his part, still think this is the best fight at HW to see

Post #3   6/15/12 11:59:21AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
This is very disturbing.

Junior is assuming he will beat Cain in the rematch. I understand Junior does not speak fluent English and he probably did not mean to imply he will beat Cain in the rematch...So who is at fault for this horribly written article?

The interviewers, the journalist, and even Junior's party should have made it clear - what Junior was trying to say.

Post #4   6/15/12 12:07:13PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

This is very disturbing.

Junior is assuming he will beat Cain in the rematch. I understand Junior does not speak fluent English and he probably did not mean to imply he will beat Cain in the rematch...So who is at fault for this horribly written article?

The interviewers, the journalist, and even Junior's party should have made it clear - what Junior was trying to say.

Why is it disturbing? He was asked a question about Overeem, if he gets a shot at the title. You honestly think he is looking past Cain? Come on man.

Post #5   6/15/12 12:21:12PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
no way JDS is looking past Cain.

Post #6   6/15/12 1:08:37PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

This is very disturbing.

This needs to be said very often, but read the article dude. The journalist asked him the question, and journalists don't care about you looking past your next fight. Overeem is a hot button issue, you think JDS can get through all of this fame without being asked tons of Overeem questions?

Last edited 6/15/12 1:10PM server time by jay98107
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   6/15/12 1:09:01PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by KungFuMaster

This is very disturbing.

This needs to be said very often, but read the article dude. The journalist asked him the question, and journalists don't care about you looking past your next fight. Overeem is a hot button issue, you think JDS can get through all of this fame without being asked tons of Overeem questions?

Try reading my post again and tell me what it says.

Post #8   6/15/12 1:26:30PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Random blood testing is bad for the sport. I understand it for Overeem's case as he didn't even have a license was on a `prove yourself` trial for one that required it, but overall random blood testing would be horrible for MMA.

Last edited 6/15/12 1:52PM server time by Kpro

Post #9   6/15/12 1:49:19PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by jay98107

Posted by KungFuMaster

This is very disturbing.

Why don't you try reading it and then tell us.

Last edited 6/15/12 5:46PM server time by shawn91111

Post #10   6/15/12 1:49:43PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by jay98107

Posted by KungFuMaster

This is very disturbing.

So the interviewers and the journalist (same guy mind you) are supposed to put words in his mouth? Just because English isn't his first language doesn't mean you can assume.

Last edited 6/15/12 1:57PM server time by jay98107

Post #11   6/15/12 1:57:07PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
I think random blood testing would be great for the sport actually. Hell....I think these guys should be tested at least once a month all year long, 2 weeks before a fight and then the day of the fight. This PED sh*t needs to just stop....period. As far as Junior looking past Cain....I don't see how you guys can't see that he kind of did look past Cain in this "article" (if you want to call it that). He never once said anything about Cain or if he gets past him or doesn't get past him etc. No matter if he was asked about Overeem, he was focused on Overeem like there was no match against Cain looming. He seemed to have no inclination or belief that he may never get the shot against Overeem if Cain beats him to begin with. There were no "ifs" at all in his statements. Of course his English is very poor so that has to be taken into account. It is hard to articulate your thoughts into words when you barely know the language.

Post #12   6/15/12 5:02:02PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I think random blood testing would be great for the sport actually. Hell....I think these guys should be tested at least once a month all year long, 2 weeks before a fight and then the day of the fight. This PED sh*t needs to just stop....period. As far as Junior looking past Cain....I don't see how you guys can't see that he kind of did look past Cain in this "article" (if you want to call it that). He never once said anything about Cain or if he gets past him or doesn't get past him etc. No matter if he was asked about Overeem, he was focused on Overeem like there was no match against Cain looming. He seemed to have no inclination or belief that he may never get the shot against Overeem if Cain beats him to begin with. There were no "ifs" at all in his statements. Of course his English is very poor so that has to be taken into account. It is hard to articulate your thoughts into words when you barely know the language.

I took Kpro's post to mean that it would be bad because soooo many fighters would be getting caught.

Post #13   6/15/12 5:04:25PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

it says that you think JDS is looking past Velasquez, which is blatantly not the case. Tell us how you would respond to someone asking you about another fighter that you could potentially fight down the line.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   6/15/12 5:44:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
@ Sir_Karl and KFM

did you listen to the entire interview or just that tiny portion of it? If you are going to make baseless accusations that he is overlooking Cain based off 1 answer that is 3 sentences long, there are other forums where you can find other people who think alike. In no way, shape, or form, is he looking past his next fight aside that he and Overeem will most likely fight down the line

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #15   6/15/12 5:48:58PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2