Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wanderlei Silva has a message for Chael Sonnen: 'F--k you'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,726-1,499
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Not too long ago, Wanderlei Silva told Chael Sonnen to "have some respect or lose some teeth."

Apparently the days of friendly advice are over, as "The Axe Murderer" has now simply resorted to using the F-word. He's even rooting for his fellow Brazilian, Anderson Silva, to "kick his ass" in the UFC 148 pay-per-view (PPV) event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 7, 2012.

Why all the hard feelings?

It's a Brazilian thing. UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo asked the media not to print any of his "junk," former Interim Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira referred to him as a "disrespectful kid," and I don't think we even need to rehash what transpired in the build-up to the upcoming "Silva vs. Sonnen" rematch.

Hear Wandy tell The Fight Show with Mauro Ranallo why the "crybaby" gets "no respect," after the jump.

"He fights with his mouth. He’s not a top guy. He creates that style and looks for guys to give attention to him. But face to face, he’s like a kid. He’ll cry like a baby, man. I don’t know what kind of man can say something bad about you then say, ‘Hey Wanderlei, let’s shake hands.’ F** you man. You talked some bad things. I’m old school. You’re talking some bulls*** about me, don’t shake my hand. This guy lost respect from me. Not one fighter respects him. I don’t like his style and I hope Anderson Silva kicks his ass. I think Anderson will be knock out Chael in the third round."

Link

Post #1   6/14/12 11:30:05AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,434-1,251
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKChtS2aDRY

Post #2   6/14/12 11:38:33AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:493-296
Chips:

Post #3   6/14/12 12:17:40PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,434-1,251
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Post #4   6/14/12 12:19:07PM   

K4RP3NT3R

Learning to Sprawl

K4RP3NT3R Avatar

Career:16-6
Chips:
Sonnen and W. Silva have two personalities that are undoubtedly going to clash. Sonnen is not only physically gifted, but intellectually gifted as well. Outside of the cage he relies on sarcasm and wit to continue his attacks. I mean no offence, but I do not believe W. Silva has the same abilities. Silva is as he says "Old School," and relies on his emotions outside of the cage. I would much like to see these two meet in the octagon in the near future.

Post #5   6/14/12 12:35:39PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by K4RP3NT3R

Sonnen and W. Silva have two personalities that are undoubtedly going to clash. Sonnen is not only physically gifted, but intellectually gifted as well. Outside of the cage he relies on sarcasm and wit to continue his attacks. I mean no offence, but I do not believe W. Silva has the same abilities. Silva is as he says "Old School," and relies on his emotions outside of the cage. I would much like to see these two meet in the octagon in the near future.

I really don't wanna see it. Although Silva is one of the all-time greats and was at one time the most intimidating fighter around, he is nearing the end of his road. Sonnen is the grind it out type wrestler that Silva sure as hell doesn't wanna face with only a few fights left. Sure, he WOULD fight him but that doesn't mean its a good idea. Each guy has better matchups that I would much rather see

Last edited 6/14/12 12:56PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   6/14/12 12:47:24PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,200-1,501
Chips:
People can say what they want about Sonnen but he beat on Anderson Silva for 25 minutes straight.....and I firmly believe he let himself get submitted that night as he knew he was busted for using whatever. If he would have won he would not have been the champ anyhow and a bigger can of worms would have been opened. I say he gave the fight to Silva to avoid a bigger pile of chaos. Sonnen is one of the best....period. I would say Sonnen needs to manhandle Wanderlei and show him just how good he is....but Wanderlei doesn't matter at this point. He is so far down the rankings that we shouldn't even be reading his angry pointless comments. I hate MMA "journalism".

Post #7   6/14/12 1:08:55PM   

I-GOT-THIS-PICK

Standup Guy

I-GOT-THIS-PICK Avatar

Career:1,526-861
Chips:
If he beat him for 25 minutes he would be the champ.Instead he beat him for 22 minutes and then got tapped out!!!!!!!!!

Post #8   6/14/12 1:35:45PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I have a message for Raggedy ANN-dee and Vander-face lift......

The fact that Vander-db is responding to Uncle ChaCha means the Chael-jedi mind tricks are working

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 6/14/12 2:21PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #9   6/14/12 2:20:04PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

People can say what they want about Sonnen but he beat on Anderson Silva for 25 minutes straight.....and I firmly believe he let himself get submitted that night as he knew he was busted for using whatever. If he would have won he would not have been the champ anyhow and a bigger can of worms would have been opened. I say he gave the fight to Silva to avoid a bigger pile of chaos. Sonnen is one of the best....period. I would say Sonnen needs to manhandle Wanderlei and show him just how good he is....but Wanderlei doesn't matter at this point. He is so far down the rankings that we shouldn't even be reading his angry pointless comments. I hate MMA "journalism".

You honestly think that Sonnen LET Anderson sub him? Excuses, Excuses

Post #10   6/14/12 2:54:19PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I thought when I signed up to watch the ufc, I was going to see knock outs and tap outs. No one told me this was soap opera.

The same thing happened to me too when I signed up to watch Dragon Ball Z.

Post #11   6/14/12 3:04:20PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I thought when I signed up to watch the ufc, I was going to see knock outs and tap outs. No one told me this was soap opera.

Whooaaa Big Fella.....

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 6/14/12 3:12PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #12   6/14/12 3:11:42PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

One of the funniest claims I've seen on an MMA forum.

You think the ego maniac Chael Sonnen would EVER!!! intentionally lose a fight.

This is even more ridiculous than people who say Anderson let himself get taken down so he could submit Chael and validate the Nog's jiu jitsu.

I have to agree with Silva though.

I don't think Chael is a top guy. He's one level bellow. He put on a good fight against Anderson and he deserves props for it.

But this second fight will prove that he's not in Anderson's league.

Post #13   6/14/12 3:57:34PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,754-1,581
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Come now, Dragon Ball Z is awesome and you know it.

Post #14   6/14/12 4:05:01PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
I think chael is a top-ranked fighter and wanderlei is well below him but yet I absolutely believe wanderlei could beat chael. sonnen's style is ground u out and wear on u but wanderlei is aggressive when it comes to getting up he will even let a guy land some shots for the purpose of getting up. wanderlei's weakness is the power shot which is y he could beat cung le and bisping. sonnen won't be able to knock out wanderlei so I think the matchup favours silva. but then again 1 month from now we won't be talking about chael anymore

Post #15   6/14/12 4:07:12PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2