Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Derek Brunson replaces Terry Martin, faces Kendall Grove at ShoFIGHT 20

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Three-time Strikeforce veteran and undefeated middleweight prospect Derek Brunson (9-0) will fight for ShoFIGHT's first-ever 185-pound title.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today learned that Strikeforce officials have granted Brunson permission to face Kendall Grove (14-10) at Saturday night's ShoFIGHT 20 event.

ShoFIGHT CEO J.T. Tilley confirmed Grove's original opponent, Terry Martin, was unable to obtain medical clearance with the Missouri Office of Athletics and was forced to withdraw from the bout, opening the door for Brunson.

Featuring a welterweight title fight between UFC veterans John Gunderson and Karo Parisyan, ShoFIGHT 20 takes place June 16 at O'Reilly Family Event Center on the campus of Drury University in Springfield, Mo. The card airs live on the Fight Network in Canada and on a tape-delayed pay-per-view on July 1 in the U.S.

The new Brunson vs. Grove fight serves as the evening's co-main event.

LINK

Post #1   6/13/12 4:54:31PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Much more compelling fight. I like it.

Post #2   6/13/12 5:21:41PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:488-293
Chips:
Brunson via being a better athlete and Wrestling.. If Kendall makes it out of the first, i'll be shocked.

Post #3   6/13/12 5:29:52PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,366-802
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Why didnt Martin get cleared, i bet its cuz dude was a boxer which isnt good for your brain and then was on the wrong side of some brutal knockouts in his career.

Post #4   6/13/12 5:33:06PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by calitrees

Why didnt Martin get cleared, i bet its cuz dude was a boxer which isnt good for your brain and then was on the wrong side of some brutal knockouts in his career.

90% of the time it's not a medical issue when a fighter isn't medically cleared, a fighter just doesn't get their medical paperwork in on time..... So it may be nothing other than he fumbled the ball on that.

Post #5   6/13/12 5:35:17PM