Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Frank Shamrock: 'UFC Hall of Fame is not credible unless I’m in it'

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,792-1,044
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

I agree. He should be in the HOF

Posted by FlashyG

Can we give him Ken's spot?

This

Post #31   6/13/12 4:46:37PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by lll-lll

Posted by quezocrema0032

Frank should be disqualified from the HOF just for saying Anderson Silva isnt the best middleweight in the world & just the ufc because he was the best middleweight in the world (then he went on to lose Cung Lee).

In all seriousness he "should" be in based off of ressume, I mean the competition he was facing wasn't the stiffest but neither was Colemans & we dont hold it against him when inducting him. He makes it directly based off of him being the best of his era just like Tito did, but not at all because of his impact on the ufc which is another important criteria.

Thats why a some fighters make it in just based off of their impact on the ufc which is just as valid a reason. I know there are going to be a lot of negative people on this forum when Forrest Griffin gets inducted not realizing hes making it based off of impact & not dominance in the cage.

I agree with you about impact and all that. However, I just dont see the impact Frank had compared to others. Ken, Royce, Tank, and Dan are the 3 guys that everyone knows from the early days. Frank is more known to hardcore fans clearly, but just doesn't have the same impact IMO. Add in the negatives on top of that and I would never put him in. He is like Tito for me, without all the undeniable impact.

Frank didn't have the impact the others had but in all fairness by the time Frank came to the UFC they where having more trouble than ever booking shows just because of all the heat coming down on them. Had Frank stayed in the UFC like Tito did I think he would be just as much as in influence.
Just my two cents.

Very good point! I do agree that IF he stayed this would have been a no brianer and he is correct that its not legit w/o him. However, the reality is that he did not stay. Most of his UFC work was done over the period between dec 97 and Oct 98. With the one Tito fight a year later. I would say Frank is an MMA HOFer for sure, but just not a UFC HOFer IMO. IMO he falls in the Bas Rutten categorey as far as MMA career.

Again I state that you cant forget the negative impact Frank has had on the UFC as well.

Post #32   6/13/12 4:54:48PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
why does Zuffa feel the need to have a "UFC" HoF? I don't recall a HoF dedicated to the NHL, NBA or MLB but rather hockey, basketball, and baseball respectively. Canton has the Pro Football HoF, though I don't think they recognize CFL greats

its dumb and does not take the best interest of the sport

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #33   6/13/12 5:16:56PM   

K4RP3NT3R

Learning to Sprawl

K4RP3NT3R Avatar

Career:16-6
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

why does Zuffa feel the need to have a "UFC" HoF? I don't recall a HoF dedicated to the NHL, NBA or MLB but rather hockey, basketball, and baseball respectively. Canton has the Pro Football HoF, though I don't think they recognize CFL greats

I do agree with you, but to many non-hardcore fans, the UFC is the sport. The UFC believes they are the sport right now and are pushing forward. The sport is still young. MMA, like boxing, has many separate organizations but is different form boxing in one way. Boxing can still be looked at as a whole. Rankings, HOF, etc. are controlled by a governing body. The same is not true for MMA at this time. The UFC is taking steps to ensure they become that governing body, or at least make the most influence on it. So, they will continue with their own HOF.

Post #34   6/14/12 2:38:36PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,456-896
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by K4RP3NT3R

Posted by Bubbles

I do agree with you, but to many non-hardcore fans, the UFC is the sport. The UFC believes they are the sport right now and are pushing forward. The sport is still young. MMA, like boxing, has many separate organizations but is different form boxing in one way. Boxing can still be looked at as a whole. Rankings, HOF, etc. are controlled by a governing body. The same is not true for MMA at this time. The UFC is taking steps to ensure they become that governing body, or at least make the most influence on it. So, they will continue with their own HOF.

I kinda agree. I for one would like to see Frank in the HoF, but I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC didn't let him in. If the day comes when there is strictly an MMA HoF, then Frank would have to be a no brainer for it. Right now the sport is young, so I doubt a straight up MMA HoF is near at hand, but I hope it is established at some point. When guys like Bas Rutten and Frank Shamrock, and Don Frye are denied spots in the HoF, I view it as a travesty. But, they actually probably belong in an MMA HoF, not a UFC HoF. Hell, I'm a HUGE fan of Wandy, but I don't know if I'd put him in the UFC HoF. It hurts me to the core to admit this, but Wandy's UFC record has been less than stellar, so performance wise in a strictly UFC credentials oriented criteria for being a Hall of Famer, he falls short. He may get in being the fan favorite that he is, but UFC record alone, I don't know if he belongs. He does however, most certainly belong in an MMA HoF, without a shadow of a doubt. That's just my two cents on the whole thing.

Post #35   6/14/12 3:55:50PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3